Henny Penny a silver and some wheats.

metalworker

Aug 8, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all hope your doing good. My son came by last night and picked me up and took me to his new permission. House is not that old but the land has some history I have heard. We only hunted for maybe a hour before we got rained out, but the land owner invited us back. My very first plug of the year was some scrap copper piping. Had the look of a gutter nail shaft with split down it. But my next target rang up as a coin, I had some trouble finding it and when I finally spied it in the hole I thought silver, no it was a henny penny first for me lol. The day was not lost though, we found 5 wheats and I managed a silver coin from Canada. Rain is supposed to stop in my neck of the woods for a bit Sunday so I hope to get out again then. Hope you all are having better weather conditions than us. 20170504_191209.jpg 20170504_191312.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 4

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright:- when I started detecting in the 70s - age 12 - I used to find a bunch of those henny pennies at old parks and schools
found older copper ones too. ..been yrs since i found one - most guys probably discriminate the aluminum ones now a days

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread