Henrico County, Virginia PIC HEAVY

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found a old foundation, spent about 3 hours this morning and dug quite a bit i know i left a lot behind but where i go is private property and....I have permission! so i will be back.
let the pictures do the talking, alot of what the hell are theys and some nice broken bottle/pottery / nice 'london' flat button , some civil war relics the first half penny was under an inch of dirt and it doesn't have a period after rex! I also have a ??1694?? william and mary shilling but its being cleaned right now
best hunt yet
IMG_2291.JPG IMG_2292.JPG IMG_2293.JPG IMG_2295.JPG IMG_2296.JPG IMG_2297.JPG IMG_2298.JPG IMG_2301.JPG IMG_2302.JPG IMG_2303.JPG

Upvote 8

blugotti1

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2009
GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow!! great finds!!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
That looks like a fun site to hunt, and you did quite well. Are all those iron items random finds or did you pull them from a trash pit? Can't wait to see that silver shilling. Those early milled coins are hard to come by around here. I've dug almost 170 colonial silver coins in eastern Va, and only one of them was milled - a 1697 shilling which was the first time I broke the 1700 barrier. Good luck at that site!

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats realy awesome.Congrats.HH

OP
OP
goldnrelics

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
random items that were easy to dig, all in the same spot, it is a trash pit nice old bottles, lots go throug lots of time needed. going to need a screen. the spoil is perfect. i have a nice few colonial type coppers i'm getting tired of king georges face though. i have 5 Virginia pennys and other coppers were found further up north found lots of buttons today but taking my time with them, they are really small not sure if they are colonial but they are ornate and flower designs nothing war related

Henrico Shire!

OP
OP
goldnrelics

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Think mine is copper i know the older ones are made of tin and would be in really ruff shape

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread