Here is a bottle load, not sure what they are.....

MichaelB

Aug 13, 2005
Mobile Bay, Alabama
After doing some scouting of a civil war camp that I believe may reveal some relics I came home and saw my neighbor building a new road that butts up to my property. I have owned this land for about 25 years. As I was looking I saw something flash in the sun. As I cleared the dirt away I found a huge pile of bottles. Below are just some of the samples.

I am not a bottle guy but recognize the DOUBLE COLA, SCOTCH and AUNT JEMIMA bottles. I have no idea on the others. The interesting thing is this area is in a very thick part of my 15 acres of woods and there are mason jars, copper tubing and metal pots everywhere, just under the surface. Can you make moonshine with syrup? :D

If anyone can identify the others let me know.

Later,

MichaelB

Attachments

• Bottles.jpg
    Bottles.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 291
  • Bottles 2.jpg
    Bottles 2.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 293
  • Bottles 3.jpg
    Bottles 3.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 293
Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
M,

looks like you found yourself an old bottle dump.

Did you dig down until you came up with nothing? Often the same area is used at different times,
older items could be deeper down.

Nice finds.

have a good un...............

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection. I found three cork bottles in a pile in the woods one time.Nice surprise.

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tall brown one is Mrs. Butterworth's Pancake & Waffle Syrup bottle. Looks like you unearthed a dump site, I'd go over well with a detector and look for some older vintage bottles. I think these ARE GREAT FINDS! ;D

OP
OP
MichaelB

MichaelB

Aug 13, 2005
Mobile Bay, Alabama
No, i did not dig down. I uncovered these with my hand. Without exageration there must be 50 of all different sizes. I saw several that looked like 1950's beer bottles, a brandy bottle. They are all glass. I found no plastic. I guess I will have to go dig some stuff if not, curiosity will kill the cat. ;D

MichaelB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread