No finds, but some nice locations for next year and nice pics.

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Still too much snow to detect, but I went out in back of my aunts house in the town next to us. The wods there is kinda differnt than the woods in my town, lots more rocks.

Amazing the things that are randomly in the middle of nowhere in the woods, here is a truck,

truck.jpg

And on top of a huge rocky hill I found the remains of a treehouse (gotta detect here in the summer for sure)

Treehouse.jpg

Don't know what this thingy is, looks kida like a submarine or bunker lol, i think its a furnace or semething from a factory.

noclue.jpg

Theres a railroad but too many spikes and nails to find anything on the side, its a short one for jsut transporting stuff anyway.

tracks.jpg

Now THIS is what i really wanna detect in the summer, its an old road that leads to a field of some sort.

road1.jpg

A ton of the trees along side the road are damaged, not sure iof its from trucks or ATVs or tractors.

treedamage.jpg

Thanks for lookin at my pics ;)

Upvote 0

TimmyNY

Nov 28, 2005
Western New York
some nice looking spots there. I would look for foundation stones around the boiler in the spring. RR tracks might be good to if you want to find date nails.

Tim

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jake keep in mind the railroad beds usually followed the old original roads and trails, even Indian trails. Good luck! Tsgman

OP
OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Thanks, the railroad tracks just run from a cellar hole to a yard with tons of pallets in it, the cellar hole used to be a hotel, nothing to be found there except an aluminum tag that says "burlington" and a few other peices of junk. I did find some date nails from the early 1900's last summer. The whole area seems to be late 1800's to around 1960's. the trucks are fairly modern but still older than the 60's. forget what brand the trucks are, searched in them for old money but nothing, I think they are a type of delivery truck. there is a large dump of stuff from the early to mid 1900's next to the trucks, only got a few old bottles worth keepin from there. I think my best bets are the old road and the large hill. The large hill is a random hill/cliff around 40-50 feet tall thats almost impossible to climb. You can see pretty far on top of it, I took a pic but it didnt come out too good. Its easier to spot old roads and such when theres snow because they hide all the brush and you just look for bare spots. I think once the snow melts and i get the cibola I should be able to coem up with some older artifacts ::) Ill try and dig up some pics of artifacts I found here last summer. The area is alot newer than im used to, but I still like it cause of the scenery :)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Looks, and sounds like a great site, Jake...
I haven't been out to any woods in a long time. I think when spring comes I might just have to go out and try to find me a site like that.
Thanks for the reply on my coin post...
Good luck when you get back out, & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions