Here is the good one!!!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
I know we all try to find "the big one" well today I found the little one, cuff size Rev War officers button !! I've found examples of this button before but none with condition and remaining gilt like this one. There's tons of good info out there on The Kings American Regiment, I'm just glad we had them around here all that time ago. Now the story... me, Iron Patch and Patriot were out today kicking some dirt around, we looked at a few fields but with crops still in and hunters leases keeping us from detecting much we decided to hit a couple of old sites that were available but our prospects were low, but we kept saying it only takes one good one!
I was lucky enough to pick up a couple of coppers at one site just as we were leaving and the button was the one and only button I dug at the other nearby old site we ended the day on. Others have dug these buttons on this site and many other detectorists have walked the field hoping for one too ( isn't that right Romeo ;D) today was my turn I guess. I'll be happy to keep and display this one!
ps, one of the coppers I dug was an Evasion copper from UK, appartently not common in the colonies, part of the script in the legend reads ADOLPHUS ,lucky twice ! I think I'll get a lottery ticket :laughing7:

Attachments

• kar.JPG
    kar.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 5,618
  • evasion.JPG
    evasion.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 5,591
Upvote 2

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ironhorse said:
steelheadwill said:
Shiny Rev Button :o
got my vote, Congrats ;D
Can I come & hunt Dirtyville ? :icon_scratch:

it ain't easy finding this here or anywhere, simple answer yes, I always say the finds are in the fields, just gotta be there with them

another funny thing, we were talking about a trip south to see some of you guys next fall and perhaps steal away some goodies maybe ;D , we could do a trade

I am willing to send you next week if they want you. ;D In return I'll take someone who uses a 25 year old Garrett. Ah the good old days. :wink: :D

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ironhorse said:
steelheadwill said:
got my vote, Congrats ;D

it ain't easy finding this here or anywhere, simple answer yes, I always say the finds are in the fields, just gotta be there with them

another funny thing, we were talking about a trip south to see some of you guys next fall and perhaps steal away some goodies maybe ;D , we could do a trade

I'm down with that!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
romeo-1 said:
ironhorse said:
steelheadwill said:
got my vote, Congrats ;D

I'm down with that!

Consider it done. Figure we'll go as far as PA and issue a beating of the PA bros like has never been seen before. :headbang:

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man that thing came out great! Way to beat on IP! :tongue3: .Dont worry IP youll end up with the big one soon. :icon_thumleft:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SouthJerseyJim said:
Man that thing came out great! Way to beat on IP! :tongue3: .Dont worry IP youll end up with the big one soon. :icon_thumleft:

Ok I'm going to hold you to that!

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That button turned out to be a real killer...I wish you had before picture to compare it with what it looks like now... I've also had that KAR button on my mind like Romeo for about 5+ years now! Told the Iron Bros I wouldn't mind hunting over some KAR dirt but forgot to mention that I wanted a button too :(

BANNER!! for that rare button!!!!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Patriot said:
That button turned out to be a real killer...I wish you had before picture to compare it with what it looks like now... I've also had that KAR button on my mind like Romeo for about 5+ years now! Told the Iron Bros I wouldn't mind hunting over some KAR dirt but forgot to mention that I wanted a button too :(

BANNER!!

Now that was dumb! :laughing7: You'll remember next time.

Hey, just call that more payback for the Spanish. ;D

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Iron Patch said:
romeo-1 said:
ironhorse said:
steelheadwill said:
got my vote, Congrats ;D

I'm down with that!

Consider it done. Figure we'll go as far as PA and issue a beating of the PA bros like has never been seen before. :headbang:
of course that was the plan all along :laughing7: the detecting would be the bonus

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ironhorse said:
Iron Patch said:
romeo-1 said:
ironhorse said:
steelheadwill said:
got my vote, Congrats ;D

I'm down with that!

of course that was the plan all along :laughing7: the detecting would be the bonus

I have the bait for the trap.... dug it today as a matter of fact, a broken piece of a silver shoe buckle. :laughing9:

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
ironhorse said:
Iron Patch said:
romeo-1 said:
ironhorse said:
steelheadwill said:
got my vote, Congrats ;D

I'm down with that!

I have the bait for the trap.... dug it today as a matter of fact, a broken piece of a silver shoe buckle. :laughing9:

Post er' up! Surely you've got something in your pouch to post!

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You pulled a good button out in style, horse. :headbang: I feel bad for Iron Patch these days...........

NAH! :laughing7: Keep smacking him around! :laughing7: :D

Kirk :hello:

Theakiki

Dec 28, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX550
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want a history lesson related to this great button!

I love history, and the antiquities associated with it, and I think that is my main raw to detecting!

Is this a group of Britons, or a group of Americans (Colonists) that had loyalty to the King? Or something different.

Congratulations,
Waiting with baited breath! ( I ought to floss)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:
You pulled a good button out in style, horse. :headbang: I feel bad for Iron Patch these days...........

I was going to say...

Don't feel bad for me because you'll be sorry..... starting 2015.

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Kirk PA said:

I was going to say...

Now I really feel sorry for you. I will give you four years to catch me. :laughing7: Owned! :laughing7:

Kirk

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:
Iron Patch said:
Kirk PA said:

I was going to say...

Now I really feel sorry for you. I will give you four years to catch me. :laughing7: Owned! :laughing7:

Kirk

Catch you? I don't know how to run backwards? :laughing7: What were you saying about owned? :laughing7:

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Kirk PA said:
Iron Patch said:
Kirk PA said:

I was going to say...

Kirk

Catch you? I don't know how to run backwards? :laughing7: What were you saying about owned? :laughing7:

You better be shaking. :laughing9: There is going to be a Kirk Jr. in a few months. I will teach him all about Colonial. By 2015, you are going to have two of us to try to conquer/own. :laughing7: Owned! :laughing9:

Kirk

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
:tongue3:
Theakiki said:
I want a history lesson related to this great button!

I love history, and the antiquities associated with it, and I think that is my main raw to detecting!

Is this a group of Britons, or a group of Americans (Colonists) that had loyalty to the King? Or something different.

Congratulations,
Waiting with baited breath! ( I ought to floss)

there is info out there try this http://www.lib.unb.ca/collections/loyalist/kingsregiment.html

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:
Iron Patch said:
Kirk PA said:
Iron Patch said:
Kirk PA said:

I was going to say...

Kirk

You better be shaking. :laughing9: There is going to be a Kirk Jr. in a few months. I will teach him all about Colonial. By 2015, you are going to have two of us to try to conquer/own. :laughing7: Owned! :laughing9:

Kirk

No doubt, the broken Colonial buckle probably won't fall far from the shoe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread