She paid me to find these, and a whatsit?

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I'm slowly building a yard care empire ;D, and began work this week on a makeover at an older home I've been cutting grass for. After I was first hired, I received permission to detect the property, and I did some, but it's been a busy few months and I haven't done a thorough job yet (detecting). Yesterday, after removing some bushes in front of the house, I ran the detector over the area before I began to make other modifications. I got a nice signal that turned out to be a nice cocoa colored 1909 wheat. Not a VDB, not an S, but pretty nonetheless. The only other signal in that bed was a surface Memorial; I hoped for an instant that it would be 2009, but no such luck. Anyway, a little later, cultivating on my hands and knees, I spotted another one of my favorite things: a clay marble. Can't wait to find some leisure time to harvest the rest of the yard! I'm also posting something I found a while back (before I joined TNet) and rediscovered cleaning out my hoard of finds :wink:. Hopefully the pictures will be good enough to help with an ID. If you have any input on these, I'd appreciate it.

Attachments

• 09marble 003 (Small).jpg
    09marble 003 (Small).jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 561
  • 09marble 004 (Small).jpg
    09marble 004 (Small).jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 564
  • 09marble 001 (Small).jpg
    09marble 001 (Small).jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 560
  • 09marble 002 (Small).jpg
    09marble 002 (Small).jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 565
Upvote 0

Mortifercain

Aug 11, 2011
indiana
ah he md's while he is getting paid my hero! cool stuff man and great thinking. im in lawn care as well. will be following your lead..

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
If the Whatsit you are asking about is the token with the square hole in the center, it is a bus token from Beaver Falls, PA. The HTB (Hill Top Bus) lines offered a discount rate for students at 3¢. According to the Atwood Catalog of US & Canadian Transportation tokens, these were discontinued May 1, 1949. Doesn't say when their use was started.
John in ID

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
idahotokens said:
If the Whatsit you are asking about is the token with the square hole in the center, it is a bus token from Beaver Falls, PA. The HTB (Hill Top Bus) lines offered a discount rate for students at 3¢. According to the Atwood Catalog of US & Canadian Transportation tokens, these were discontinued May 1, 1949. Doesn't say when their use was started.
John in ID
That is the Whatsit I'm referring to! Awesome! I live about 12 miles from Beaver Falls and never gave that a thought! Thanks!

billpa

Sep 12, 2010
Out Diggin Silver
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO,DFX DX-1, CLASSIC 111, Garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wish I could get paid to hunt. :laughing7:did,nt take long for your whatsit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread