Heres a neat idea. Let me know what you think.

rebelinmass

Aug 3, 2005
Lunenburg,Ma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, X-terra 70, sandshark pi, vibraprobe 560 and 580
Here's a neat idea. Let me know what you think.

I was on my way to md in a park in my town and had to stop for some gas. As I was pumping the gas I was inspired by a great idea. I took some of those paper funnels that you use when putting oil in your car. I folded one flat. Then I folded about half inch on the bottom. Off to the park. After cutting and carefully placing my plug on the grass. I put the excess dirt into the funnel. Once I was sure my coin(clad dime) which I did not see was in the funnel I unfolded the bottom of the paper funnel over the hole......The dirt slid out of the funnel into the hole and my coin was stuck in the funnel. I removed the clad dime reflattened the funnel and put in my pouch. I reused the filter 3 times before the rain started. Just toss it in the trash on the way out. At $3.09 a gallon, I didn't mind grabbing a stack. Just an idea that seemed to work pretty well. Let me know what yall thank.

Rebelinmass

Upvote 0

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Here's a neat idea. Let me know what you think.

Good if the soil is not hard like rocks.

Bill(de)

Feb 18, 2005
Re: Here's a neat idea. Let me know what you think.

Hi Rebel,

Anything that makes for easier cleanup i'm all for and not a bad idea there.What i do is keep a 12"x12" towel and put all the loose dirt on it till i find the target then just fill in the hole and replace the plug and tamp. The most important thing is to do whatever it takes to leave no trace of disturbance so we can help preserve our hobby. Thanks for your thoughtful post rebel.HH Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread