Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woke up to the sound of hard rain this morning.? Went to bed to the sound of hard rain last night!? The weather men are predicting an early fall this year.? Looks like our usual October rains are starting now.? Couldn't sleep.? Getting more and more difficult to get 8 hours as I get older.? Two or three hours sleep and I am up and ready to roll.? Problem is that in four hours I am so sleepy I can hardly stand up!? Have to take a loooong afternoon nap.? Lucky I am retired and can do that!? Had a big morning planned to go MDing at a church to go over an area where the original building once stood.? Was planning to work the area just outside the old foundation line? Found a wheat cent there yesterday by the old sidewalk leading up to the front door, or where the front door use to be!? I searched an area where they held brush arbor meetings in the 1950s, I thought.? When I reanalyzed the area I realized that the brush arbor meetings were actually held where the new building now sits. I wondered why I didn't find anything!? So, here I sit all high and dry , all dressed up in my lucky blue prospecting shirt and no where to go.? I am intimately acquainted with the church property.? When I was a child we went to church every Sunday morning and evening.? No ifs ands or buts, we spent the most part of Sunday in church services.? I use to sit on the back pew with the rest of the kids and pass notes and whisper back and forth.? Very irrevarent but we were kids for pete sake.? Got into trouble more than once for cutting up back there!? We (I) made up a fictitious church member, Robert L. Simmons. Had him join the church and regularly put an offering in that little white envelope and everything.? The preacher was always trying to introduce him as a new member but he never would stand to be recognized!? I confess fifty years later I was mostly responsible for that prank.? I use to take up a collection among the kids so I would have money to put in that little envelope every Sunday.? Robert was one of the most loyal church members and no one ever got to know him except us kids! He even got a certificate once for perfect attendance but never claimed it.? He might still be on the church rolls today for all I know.? I think God has a sense of humor, don't you?? If not, I guess me and old uncle Scratch can have a nice chuckle some day down below.? And if I wind up down there I plan to ask him, "Is it hot in here or is it just me"?? The rain has let up while I was typing this but it will be way too muddy to dig this AM!? The ground is gumbo clay and it sticks to your digging tool so bad when wet.? All your plugs wind up looking like bomb craters and the Lord may not be as forgiving about that!? Oh well......sensless rambling,,,,,,,,,,as my grandfahter from whom I inherited my werid sense of humor use to say, "Hindsight is darn sure much better than foreskin"! I never could figure out what he meant, but now I think I know......or do I?? I hope to ask him some day..........? JIM

Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Jim,

sounds like a coffee, donut, and newspaper morning; hope you get to make it out in the afternoon.

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions