Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's A Small Teaser Of Some Recent Finds

Photo decriptions in no particular order...

Went on a small road trip across state last weekend. I got the buckle and the ring from the Fleamasters fleamarket last week in Ft Myers, Fl. Paid $70 for the 2 pieces, talked her down from $100, paid just under melt value but they are signed Navajo pieces and the buckle alone sells for around $100 on ebay. That's all I bought in Ft Myers.

The next bunch is from last weekend but local. First is a Gorham Tea spoon/straw that dates to 1916, 3 salt shakers marked Dunkirk sterling, they were all 3 green, I cleaned one a little for the photo. Also pictured is an "Alma Cagle Bishop" nude lady letter opener, a pair of Ray Bans (no scratches), a pair of signed Chalkware, Elephant bookends, a nice deck of Vanities by Vargas "pin-up" playing cards (opened but in excellent condition), a bottle of Signature cologne by Dick Clark (have yet to find another one... rare?), a working Certina automatic Blue Ribbon wristwatch no band, and a couple Russian items not pictured besides the 2 books that the stuff is sitting on. Spent $45 on all of it. This weekends finds will make these look sick. I'll post those tomorrow I guess.

Attachments

• DSC03575.jpg
    DSC03575.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC03577.jpg
    DSC03577.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC03578.jpg
    DSC03578.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Alberto_vargas_young.gif

Hey diggummup,

Good stuff, man. I always look at Joaquin Alberto Vargas' works when I see them. He had quite the life. There are some current events parallels vis a vis citizen v. governmental overreach that are startling.

Dick Clark pitched Yardley in the Sixties. Count me amongst the guys who'd like to see the cologne.
$T2eC16F,!y8E9s2fjFHOBRYPR+5fY!~~60_35.JPG

I don't know if you're gonna market these, but think you've dialed in serious Man Cave Accoutrements exactly and that they would do quite well. I'm looking forward to the next haul...

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that's a teaser, I better brace myself! Great stuff. The iced-tea spoon is something as well as the Navajo pieces.

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That fire helmet is way cool, and ray bans! And everything else! Your money is going to fly right back into your pocket!

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many Ray Bans is this for you now?
I think this is the 3rd or 4th pair in as many years. I don't like the way they fit, lenses too big for my face imo. I found a pair of Puma's by MODO Italy a while back. They fit and look good so I wear them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread