Etrac, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the mid'70s, I put a burglar alarm in a museum curator's home above lake Michigan. VERY expensive house. In his attic were HUNDREDS and hundreds of artifacs, including several shoe boxes of arrowheads. He was systematically ripping off the museum, meaning you and I! Burst my bubble.... forever! TTC

OP
OP
smartmoney

smartmoney

Dec 4, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It just sucks that archies have such a hold on our community. They would rather let artifacts rot in the ground then have us find and restore them. Just about everywhere you go has historical significance so they would need to dig up every place on earth to justify their being. Maybe I should modify my degree and go pursue a degree in archaeology.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not being able to sell would be a restriction.
if that were to happen we would be under a larger microscope
to see if we are selling, and when they realize someone is getting away with it anyway,
more laws will be proposed.
Best course is to avoid helping the archies with any and all restrictions.

I say Live & Let Live

It's quite a pickle we find ourselves in, to be sure, since their present priorities/goals include the continued lobbying against the public sale of artifacts and also the implementing of more restrictions on the use of metal detectors. If we sit back and refrain from becoming an active partner in these processes then we are only leaving ourselves the usual last resort options, which historically, this passive "wait and see" concepts nearly always fail and a great deal is lost. It's very obvious that these threats are going to continue to come, I don't know anyone in our community who would argue this as it's pretty much an accepted situation/condition within the history of our various treasure hunting communities. The alternative is not an easily swallowed notion, but in light of how things have things have historically progressed for us up to this point.....??????? I just don't think it's in our best interest to leave it all to last resort responses and tactics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread