Heres one way to make money with skunks

Catcake

Oct 19, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Believe it or not, I'm actually selling acorns on Ebay. Even crazier is that people are buying them. I posted them as a lark to see if people will buy anything. Sure enough, they will. By the way, hit me up if you want some high quality acorns at rock bottom prices! (Totally kidding. Not a charter member so my acorns are not for sale.)

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! Believe it or not, I'm actually selling acorns on Ebay. Even crazier is that people are buying them. I posted them as a lark to see if people will buy anything. Sure enough, they will. By the way, hit me up if you want some high quality acorns at rock bottom prices! (Totally kidding. Not a charter member so my acorns are not for sale.)

I have some nice crunchy leaves, if you would like to trade! :laughing7:

OP
OP
C

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Final terms: $39.99 plus $6.01 in shipping. I haven't figured out the ebay and paypal fees, but I'd say the seller came out ahead.

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at a festival and a guy had "squirrel corn" in a bag, I got to laughing an asked if that was some kind of special seed to grow "squirrel corn" an then he told me he just went out the the corn field an picked up ears off the ground put it in a bag and tagged it "squirrel corn" 5.00 for 5 lbs.

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Xiao en. I wouldn't post this except you mentioned it first. If I'm lying, I'm dying---saw a sign in beside the front driveway of a local farm. It said "Squirrel and Bird Corn" for sale. I thought to myself, did I read that right, Squirrel Corn?

Catcake

Oct 19, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE: My 1 pound of artisan raised free range acorns is selling for $9 on feebay and there are 8 hours left in the auction. This proves it! People will buy anything. My next auction will be for artisan selected free circulated 50 cent pieces. And copper pennies. And my rolls of 2012 dimes and nickels! Cha-Ching!!!!!

Disclaimer: I am not a charter member and my acorns are not offered for sale. Please no PMs!

kookoox10

Greenie
Nov 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After fees, time and gas, the guy will be making a few dollars per lot, not a substantial amount to make it worthwhile.

OP
OP
C

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least the seller was honest. He said exactly what the coins were (clad from '71 on) and didn't try any of that "there may be silver" crap you see with listings for "unsearched" rolls.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread