wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
He's Alive!...and living in Millersville, Tennessee

Yessiree folks!

Elvis is alive and living in Millersville, Tennessee. Here's the proof; taken as we prepared for one of two parades today (Not sure who the overweight Shriner is with him):

Elvis 02.JPG

We did the first parade at the Millersville Bluegrass Jamboree. Here's a few of the players (the two little girls):

Young Bluegrass Performers.JPG

And here's some of the Shriners waiting for the parade to start. Trust me when I say that even though it looks like a cluster...., when the parade starts everything falls in line.

Millersville Paraders.JPG

Next we went to Portland, Tennessee where they were holding their annual Strawberry Festival. At one time Portland was known as the "Strawberry Capital of the World"! It's still a pretty big affair. Here's a float with the "Strawberry Queens". They have various categories and if you look real close you'll see a young "Strawberry King" in the front.

Strawberry Queens 01.JPG

As you can see from this picture, there was a large crowd and it was pretty much that way for the mile the parade ran:

Strawberry Festival Parade 01.JPG

And here's a shot of the Al Menah Shriners in the Parade. If you look really close and squint your eyes just right, you can see the motorcyles in the distance:

Strawberry Festival Parade 03.JPG

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Re: He's Alive!...and living in Millersville, Tennessee

Wes those pics are great!

Of course I love the mini-choppers... way too fun.

Don't they let that "red corvette" run in the parade?

You guys (Shriners) do such great work... Thank you.

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great post Wes, rumor has it there was a bearded Shriner riding on the Portland float! :angel12:

Don

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

Montana Jim said:
Wes those pics are great!

Of course I love the mini-choppers... way too fun.

Don't they let that "red corvette" run in the parade?

You guys (Shriners) do such great work... Thank you.

Jim,

I have driven it in a few parades. The problem I run into is that will overheat if the parade is moving slowly; such as the second one today. They didn't design them for parades. There is an auxilary electric fan system I can install but I need to take care of a few other things before I worry about putting in the extra fan.

Thanks for looking and your comments.

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

Don in SJ said:
Great post Wes, rumor has it there was a bearded Shriner riding on the Portland float! :angel12:

Don

Don, if I were 30 years younger the rumour might be correct! :tongue3:

Alas, I hung my head in frustration and proceeded to my normal job of driving the van. :sad10: :crybaby2:

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon

Yes he is Wes....looks a little older than when I saw him in "86. This guy dressed like Elvis came up to me and asked if he could go see "Johnny" when I was working with Mr. Cash. He got a little upset that I would not let him go see "Johnny" :tongue3:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

well here you are off and running again....seems we see more pics from you than ever at parade time but so little time to visit! lol At least you were hanging out with good company there....the envy of all the Elvis fans! :wink:

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

drywalldave said:
Yes he is Wes....looks a little older than when I saw him in "86. This guy dressed like Elvis came up to me and asked if he could go see "Johnny" when I was working with Mr. Cash. He got a little upset that I would not let him go see "Johnny" :tongue3:

Dave,

Does that infer you spent some time in Nashville? If so, where were you when Barry Gibb bought and burned down "Mr. Cash's" house? ;D

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

Cynangyl said:
well here you are off and running again....seems we see more pics from you than ever at parade time but so little time to visit! lol At least you were hanging out with good company there....the envy of all the Elvis fans! :wink:

Guess you're right Cyn. And have very little time to see much in Pittsburgh too!

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon

wesfrye53 said:
drywalldave said:

Dave,

Does that infer you spent some time in Nashville? If so, where were you when Barry Gibb bought and burned down "Mr. Cash's" house? ;D
Wes
Never been to Tennesse, was working with Mr. Cash ( I have alot of respect for him) when he did his Oregon run in '86. What else do you expect from a guy who plays disco....upset me when I heard that the house burnt down

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

Great pictures Wes! Looks like you guys are doing even more parades this year. No rest for the wicked. :wink: Keep up the great work, you Shriners are saints! :icon_king:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great parade! You (Shriners ) put a good one on always!

To bad you dont know "WHO" the Shriner is standing next to Elvis -- he looks like a nice guy! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

mental granny said:
Great parade! You (Shriners ) put a good one on always!

To bad you dont know "WHO" the Shriner is standing next to Elvis -- he looks like a nice guy! :icon_sunny:

Well, I hear he can be somewhat mischevious and has a liking for fried catfish. :icon_scratch: Which may explain the need to go on a diet! :'(

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lol! :laughing7:Diet never food taste to good! ;D

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina

Oh Wes > great pictures !! You guys are very dedicated :thumbsup: and always look like you have a great time :) By the way > if I were Elvis, I'd stay dead :wink: :wink: But now the beaded guy with him ::) is looking real gooddddd :thumbsup: :wink:

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

CarolinaDigs said:
Oh Wes > great pictures !! You guys are very dedicated :thumbsup: and always look like you have a great time :) By the way > if I were Elvis, I'd stay dead :wink: :wink: But now the beaded guy with him ::) is looking real gooddddd :thumbsup: :wink:

That's cause there's toooooo much of him Margie! :icon_sunny:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Real neat pictures Wes...looks like you had a good time! :icon_king:

OP