Hey everyone, Maverick checkin in, great week, yr goal, and ASE in the wild!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone, yes, it has been a while again, life is still just too busy right now, plus school starting back and my little girl is starting school for the first time Monday so just a lot going on ( way too much to catch you up on). So I figured I'd post this weeks finds seeing as how it very rare that I break a 100 keeper week, but this week I did from only 16 boxes! Really had 1 box that shined out of the bunch last night, it had 49 keepers in it, 5 90's and 44 40's.

I really haven't had anything super cool to post about finding except this ASE that I got a few weeks back, I decided to order some bags of Ikes ( after my vault teller kept wanting me to let her order some for me so she could see them) and in the first 2 bags we found this little beauty, I was shocked, I really wasn't expecting to find anything ( I was hoping I would though lol), so I ordered 2 more bags but they were obvious dumps so I stopped ordering them for now, I will try my hand at them again in the future though.

I thought I would show you guys that I am at about 3/4 of the way to my 2014 goal of 2000 40%'s and 500 90%'s, it has been tough climb for sure, you can see that I started the year off searching very little ( had to dip into my bank roll) and jumped it up ( excuse the look of my log, some weeks were just to hecktic to get the skunks and searched logged right, but the finds are correct) to a decent amount searched every week, I have stayed at pretty much a steady 20+ boxes and 3-5 bags a week which seems to be good for me.

I have been checking in every so often to how everyone is doing, I've seen some great finds, glad to see there are still some of us still on here, I don't see some of our older friends posting to much if at all and lots of new faces on here. So hope everyone is doing well and getting close to their goal for the year! i will try to check in a little more often ( it's easier for me in the winter when my business slows down) and post some more of my finds for ya, sorry no action shots this time, these are just some qwik shots for ya to see, if I get another good night I will try to get some roll shots for you guys. Ok, HH everyone! Maverick.

Attachments

• 20140816_161158.jpg
    20140816_161158.jpg
    648.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 20140816_161318.jpg
    20140816_161318.jpg
    654.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 20140816_161325.jpg
    20140816_161325.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 20140816_161404.jpg
    20140816_161404.jpg
    461.6 KB · Views: 126
  • 20140816_161354.jpg
    20140816_161354.jpg
    691 KB · Views: 147
Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on another great week and finding the ASE recently. I found an '88 ASE last year myself which was sure a surprise for me too. And good luck with your yearly goal. Sounds like you are a little ahead of schedule on reaching it. I don't do near the volume you do but I found my 50th 90% and 350th 40% half for the year in a box just last week. I'm at just over 70 ozs of silver for the year so if I can find 100+ ozs of silver by the end of the year I'll be a happy hunter.

H$H!

Last edited:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Maverick, it's always nice to see you post.. wow your daughter is starting school, time flies. Awesome week you had also, that's a really nice average per box, and as all of us veteran hunters know, those good boxes are really scarce. I wouldn't give up on Ikes until you get 10 skunk bags in a row! If I had the ability to order ikes, I would get a bag a week.
As always, thank you for sharing your finds with us!
HH
Buff

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on another great week and finding the ASE recently. I found an '88 ASE last year myself which was sure a surprise for me too. And good luck with your yearly goal. Sounds like you are a little ahead of schedule on reaching it. I don't do near the volume you do but I found my 50th 90% and 350th 40% half for the year in a box just last week. I'm at just over 70 ozs of silver for the year so if I can find 100+ ozs of silver by the end of the year I'll be a happy hunter.

H$H!

Hey SilverFace, thanks:coffee2:, I hope you meet your goal! The ASE was a really cool find, totally wasn't expecting anything in the bag. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Maverick, it's always nice to see you post.. wow your daughter is starting school, time flies. Awesome week you had also, that's a really nice average per box, and as all of us veteran hunters know, those good boxes are really scarce. I wouldn't give up on Ikes until you get 10 skunk bags in a row! If I had the ability to order ikes, I would get a bag a week.
As always, thank you for sharing your finds with us!
HH
Buff

Hey Buff, Thanks for the kind words, I do miss posting on here, though I don't see too many of the "Crowd" that I'm use to seeing on here much. The good boxes ( or what I/ we use to consider a "Good box") a very far few and between now, the one I had with 49 last night was the best I've had in a looong time, remember when you saw some enders in a box and it would be loaded? Now I see 2 enders and get 4 total keepers lol. HH, Maverick.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It would be nice to get an ASE in each bag and forget about any 90's & 40%. Congrats on your mid year numbers.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome funds, Mav! Nice hearing from you. It's good that you are still plugging away and having some decent success. Always love reading your posts - can always expect some great finds and pics.

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Nice job Mav! They grow up fast BTW, my youngest is starting her senior year of HS this week! HH, and good luck on your goal.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
It would be nice to get an ASE in each bag and forget about any 90's & 40%. Congrats on your mid year numbers.

Hey Dozer, hope you are doing well ( sorry I haven't been able to keep up). Man, if it were only that easy lol, I'd happily do that and just order 20 bags of Ikes a week. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome funds, Mav! Nice hearing from you. It's good that you are still plugging away and having some decent success. Always love reading your posts - can always expect some great finds and pics.

Hey BB! Thanks man, I appreciate that, I miss posting as much as I use to, I keep saying to my self "I'm going to post this week" and then LIFE just gets in the way ( or wife, kids, mowing, cars ect... lol) but I'm going to make an effort :tongue3:, it just seems now that I'm searching as fast as I can to just get it done and out of the way instead of sitting down and enjoying it, now with school starting again it will be late night searching again after everyone goes to bed so I will be hard pressed to get the good pics like I use too, but I'm going to try:icon_thumright:. Thanks again! HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job Mav! They grow up fast BTW, my youngest is starting her senior year of HS this week! HH, and good luck on your goal.

I wish someone would have told me it would go by sooooo fast! It's just way too fast, I keep saying to myself, how the hell did I become middle aged, I don't remember that! lol. My son starts Middle school this year, seems I was just taking him to his first day of school not so long ago.... HH, Maverick

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad I finally got to read the "still here" post from you, I was hoping to see a pic of the ASE you told me about and you delivered! :) It's really nice looking!

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad I finally got to read the "still here" post from you, I was hoping to see a pic of the ASE you told me about and you delivered! :) It's really nice looking!

Hey Boris! Ya, I'm still here :laughing7:, I'm not going anywhere:icon_thumright:. I wanted to post it when I told you about it, just didn't really have the time to do so, (I think it's kinda stupid we can't send pics through our PM system here, or I don't know how too?), anyway, so, ya, I wanted to post last week but didn't, then I hit this good box last night that pushed me over 100 40's for the week and decided to post this week, it's been killing me not to show you guys the ASE all this time lol. I am going to make an effort to check in at night when my family goes to sleep to try and keep up a little better. HH, Maverick. P.S, I was ashamed to post my log, I know it looks like chicken scratch :tongue3: lol, but figured I'd show where i was at for the year.

Last edited:

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Circulated ASE's are probably the rarest ASE's there are. I have an NGC 70 '08W ASE with the reverse of '07W error that I've owned since '08 that I believe is supposed to have a mintage of only around 40,000 or so but I would imagine a circulated ASE of any and all years is much rarer than that. Probably no way to get one slabbed and authenticated as circulated though lol. :tongue3:

Bad Wolf

Dec 6, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Detector(s) used
Nokia Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish someone would have told me it would go by sooooo fast! It's just way too fast, I keep saying to myself, how the hell did I become middle aged, I don't remember that! lol. My son starts Middle school this year, seems I was just taking him to his first day of school not so long ago.... HH, Maverick

Hey Mav, it seems the faster we go (i.e., harder we work) the faster time goes. The thing I have to keep reminding myself is I will never regret spending time with the kids (boy and a girl starting middle school and high school, respectively) and neglecting work, though I almost always regret neglecting the kids for work.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Mav, it seems the faster we go (i.e., harder we work) the faster time goes. The thing I have to keep reminding myself is I will never regret spending time with the kids (boy and a girl starting middle school and high school, respectively) and neglecting work, though I almost always regret neglecting the kids for work.

Hey Bad Wolf, this is true, I have to remind myself at times too. I am self employed though so I have really tried to bend my schedule around my kids, I can say that I am one of the lucky few dads who get to take and pick up their kids from school, everyday since day 1 and always will. I have never missed a school field trip with my son since he started:hello2:, and never had to put them in daycare ( another reason I am self employed) because I could go out and work after my wife got home from delivering the mail and her days off. I do get a lot of time with them, honestly, I think more than most because of my job ( and my wifes' job:laughing7: ) but in the end, I think we will always say that it never was "ENOUGH" time.... Responsibility makes life go by toooo fast, I just can't figure out how to slow it down:dontknow: HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

Hey Bry! Nice to see you! Get things straightened out for CRHing finally? Hope everything is good with you and the family, little one has to getting big now huh. HH, Maverick.

SanMartian

Apr 15, 2013
Skunksville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mav, you always seem to post something really cool. I know what you mean about the kiddos, my son is entering the first grade and it seems like just yesterday we brought him home from the hospital. GL!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread