Jyorsky

Sep 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO
AT GOLD
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out on sales calls in south part of state and grabbed $100 of $500 that bank had and asked them if they had any loos...other teller had $6 in loose. I took them as well. Skunk euro

Before I opened the envelope, I give it a shake and.......hear that ring we love....

Once I looked... One coin was clad and.......rest were 67-69 halves......

Now follow up question,,,,,,,,how often do you give envelope a gentle shake prior to opening???

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the nice score. I guess I kinda shake the loose coins I get in envelopes a little too but its usually kinda hard to get them to move around too much in the envelopes to tell for sure. I usually like to peak inside and see if I can see any white edges. I scored 2 x 40% & a Ben from $7 in loose halves I got in an envelope last Monday myself. And I got those from the same bank I scored a lone '88 ASE last year in an envelope too which sure was a nice surprise. Always love those nice loose coin envelope scores.

H$H!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I always shake before I zip...does that count? :icon_scratch:

I think that would be more like shaking your package before closing - not shaking it prior to opening lol. And if you do ever detect silver that way that would sure be one interesting silver vein strike lol. :tongue3:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
LMAO! HH, Maverick. Huh, it didn't tag the quote Bad Wolf and SilverFace.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Some times I shake the envelope, sometimes it's too full to shake, sometimes they empty it right in front of me and count it ( so I can see the Silver :laughing7:) sometimes they through the halves and an Ike in there and when they rub together it sounds like Silver..... So it all depends on my situation, but, yes, if I can shake it, then I'm gonna shake it lol. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread