Hey everyone , take a second to read this

GoldGoblin

Oct 20, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro, Specialized mining equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will do a quick introduction then on to the reason for my post. My name is Paul ,I have a serious interest in the discovery of things in the ground be it precious metals , gems , relics etc . I finally got to the point in my life that I can pursue those activities full time . I have designed built and intend to use a machine I made to locate , process and recover gold, silver platinum etc The machine is called a Gold Goblin . It is multi wheel drive , fully amphibious , with board wash plant , it has a mini 360 degree "excavator" and a mini drilling rig to sample .It can can be used on dry land or fully floating in water in Dredge mode. I don't want to get into to much detail but it is meant to work . Here is what I need . I am looking for places to prospect from coast to coast and am looking for a land owner or claim holder that is looking for higher processing of materials to get more gold .We can work out a fair split so you don't have any out of pocket costs . After almost 2 years of building I am just ready to work some land instead of staring at my machine ..if you want pics or info or want to chat about a place , shoot me a PM ... thanks Paul/GoldGoblin ...

Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GG, hope you can understand that we're all just a bit skeptic, as
most of us have seen about every manner of gold gettin' contraption
you could imagine. Moreso, while you've shared a few specifications,
that doesn't tell people much, overall, about the machine itself
and why you see it as a valuable tool.

BTW, in the posts above you noted that it can dredge to 60' in one
post, but 40' in another. :dontknow: Takes a whole lotta pump to
suck material from that far down; what are you using for power?

Do you have a prospectus for those potentially interested in
investing in such a machine? No doubt you've invested quite a
bit of your own funding into the current version...any idea of
how many you might sell in a year?

Vagueness doesn't always fly well, so maybe once you iron out
how you and your partner plan to market the machine you can
get back to us with pics and details?

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Lanny . The reason I posted besides looking for places to test my machine is for collective input from active miners in various areas . I may have given the wrong impression of the scale of my machine , it is not a little toy lol. It has excavation capability down to 12'2" , it can drill down to a depth of 60' " with the amount of drill stem onboard" , it has a full onboard wash plant with over and under 6 foot sluices , hopper , 18"x 6' trommel "all stainless" , I still need to get Docs Gold Hog mats ordered...the machine is 18'6" long , 7' wide in driving mode (in flotation mode it is 11'4" wide and weighs over 3 tons The reason for the dredge addition to the machine is using the onboard Aqua view camera"in clear water" and the (fly swatter obstruction flap) on the end of the suction tube I can dredge in virtually any temperature without having to dive . I will try to put a couple pics up without giving out the secret receipe . lol.

Thanks for the clarification.

As for digging in compacted channel material, have you done any testing in that type of material yet? It's quite revealing as to your machine's true capabilities.

As for "remote" dredging, one of the serious issues is that the dredge, without a human being on the end to select cobble size, will gobble up anything it comes in contact with, plugging tight your suction pipe. Moreover, you can't solve this problem by putting a screen or bars across your dredge intake as flat rocks and rocks of other shapes will quickly seal the openings shut.

I'd love to see some pictures of your machine. That way I might be able to make some suggestions.

All the best,

Lanny

IMPDLN

Mar 18, 2014
Central Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have to agree with others here. Sounds way too small for anything commercial. A real commercial operation won't waste money on a mini do all sampling device. They have full sized machinery. Sounds like you are trying to incorporate too many devices into one single platform to be practical to me. You mention 125 gallons for recirculating. Way to small. I know guys that use 100 gallons in a weekend for a small portable recirc unit as clay will filth out water fast. Unless you have multiple tanks and some kind of filtration system, that just seems too minimal of a water capacity for recirculation on a sizeable unit.

You say you can dig like 12' deep with your excavator. What size? You give the impression it is a mini excavator like a Koboda or Bobcat. Problem is that is too large to use without some kind of POO or some similar permits and too dang small to make it worth the expense of permits. Also smaller excavators won't dig hard pack worth a darn. That's why they are primarily used for garden and landscape work.

You also claim you can dredge to 40' depths. Have you ever tried to dredge in 40' of water? It's much harder than you might think. Dredging those kinds of depths require some seriously strong pumps with huge amounts of head pressure to lift material to the surface.

You also mentioned drilling to 60' depth. This ain't oil, but 60' is just scratching the surface in a lot of places. And what kind of drill? You really need a coring drill to take proper drill samples for mining. That means diamond bits and those aren't cheap. Your water tank at 125 gallons is too small to support a proper core drilling rig.

So in conclusion, not knowing specifics about your particular rig, what might seem like a good idea to build a do all machine is really an effort in futility. Commercial rigs need to be able to do heavy work. That's why drill rigs, dredges, excavators or any other commercial equipment does one job and does it well. Even wash plants are designed to recover a particular type of gold for a particular type area. It's kind of like those stereos that had everything from a turntable to a cd player built all into one unit. None of the items worked particularly well, and when one item takes a dump the stereo became virtually worthless and ended up in the circular file. Component systems are just a more practical and in the long run, economical way to go. If you need a dredge, you get a dredge. If you need a drill, you either invest in or lease a drill. You need an excavator you get a real excavator. You typically get a wash plant that is designed for the material you are going to be running. Like if you have a lot of huge boulders, you use a de-rocker. If you have a lot of fine gold you might need a jig or some other special item specifically for the capture of fine gold.

It ain't rocket science, but then again it kind of is. Dennis

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
G.Goblin,

You're getting a lot of good feedback from experienced people on this forum, very valuable feedback in fact. Moreover, it may be the only "gold" you ever strike with your machine. But the advice you're getting is solid gold only if you and your partner/investor are willing to listen so you can learn and then modify or abandon and start over again with a viable product.

I don't think anyone is trying to discourage you outright; I think what they're trying to do is to tell you what not to do so that you can avoid disappointment and disillusionment down the road.

Dennis makes a lot of solid points about the serious limitations to the type of multi-function machine you're trying to currently produce. It simply may not be marketable.

Perhaps you will have to modify it to make it viable, or perhaps the only solution is to scrap the idea and to come up with something better, like a better wash-plant, better dredge, better excavator, better mats, etc. It is being done by others, and there's still room for improvement.

That way you'd be taking a rifle shot at a product all miners need, and not a shotgun blast that won't hit what will generate you and your investor the real income you desire.

All the best as you ponder your options,

Lanny

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
Have always been interested in getting property our family owns in Sloughhouse Ca. checked for gold deposit(s). 80 acre parcel along the main stem of the Cosumnes river, 7 miles west of Michigan bar. Lots of river gravels but any bedrock may be deep, not sure how. Tried years ago with highbanker and shovel. After couple hours found some flakes but not encouraged. Would need someone that had big enough equipment to do sizable sample to check values. Are there local mining co's. to get into contact with to find this out. Would permits be required just to do a sample? Property was a hop ranch for 30 years. That was the bottom ground. On the west side of Deer creek are river gravels all the way to Sloughhouse road.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GG...been thinking about the secrecy around your gizmo.
Ford / chevy /Dodge does not have a patent on their cars but they do on their proprietary motors, transmissions etc.
You describe your device as a excavatordredgetrommeldrill but what it really is is a collection of off the shelf and time tested tech built by other companies. Anyone can take patented off the shelf machines and combine them for a specific purpose and the result is not a new patentable device.

I dont think you have a chance at protecting the secrets of this device. Anyone with the ability can build one and as soon as you sell one your secrets are 100% public domain.
Presumin this thing works and is cost effective...you need to focus on building the BEST one. There will be imitators but you will retain market share ONLY if yours is the best

OP
OP
G

GoldGoblin

Oct 20, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If someone would kindly tell me how to posts pics I will do so and explain some of the things I have incorporated into the machine since my post . Oh and just because I said I could suction down 60 feet "a typo if I stated 40" does not mean I am bringing all the material back up that length . I took some insight for the comments I received and made some changes that took much longer than I thought but have been helpful . Thanks

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If someone would kindly tell me how to posts pics I will do so and explain some of the things I have incorporated into the machine since my post . Oh and just because I said I could suction down 60 feet "a typo if I stated 40" does not mean I am bringing all the material back up that length . I took some insight for the comments I received and made some changes that took much longer than I thought but have been helpful . Thanks

When you make a post just go to the Manage attachments area and attach pictures.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can understand your effort to protect your intellectual property, Goldgoblin, but in my experience even a patent won't protect you from infringement. The infringer will just figure infringement penalties into their cost of production and if the infringer can build a comparable product at equal or lesser costs you will have competition. Patents are expensive too, and you will have to recover that cost by passing it on to consumers. And infringers won't have the development costs either.

Welcome to the foum. I hope it turns out well for you and your innovations. We need inovation, even if all that is discovered is what won't work.

OP
OP
G

GoldGoblin

Oct 20, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will show a short video and some pics , I will have to be selective in what I show and not fully disclose how it all works together . The "mini" excavator I mentioned is now capable of digging down to a depth of 17 feet BELOW ground level . The drilling rig I built on the rear can drill 40 feet with current configuration but down to 450 with inch and a half hollow core drill pipe. This machine can process ,all on board , 15 yards an hour effectively . It is designed to do more exploration and sample recovery than to sit somewhere and process material , but can be used for that purpose VIRTUALLY regardless of location .

OP
OP
G

GoldGoblin

Oct 20, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
P_20151031_180749.jpg

OP
OP
G

GoldGoblin

Oct 20, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Seems I will take up to much forum space with pictures . Sorry , I am still unsure how to attach a video

OP
OP
G

GoldGoblin

Oct 20, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It is fully amphibious .. all plate steel ..there are NO rubber seals in the machine .

OP
OP
G

GoldGoblin

Oct 20, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The stick was not attached here and it's awhile back . My welder and I can be seen up on the machine

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So how much time have you spent mining or on a claim?

OP
OP
G

GoldGoblin

Oct 20, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have about 10 years experience, a prospector yes..a true miner no .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread