Hey Fla.west coast Thers, ? for you

JoeSWFla

Jun 15, 2007
Hey Fla.west coast Th'ers, ? for you

Have any of you noticed a trough forming between the beach and
sand bar ,or is it still sanded in where you are?I have seen the
trough get as deep as 8-9' and have old shell and rock in it in the
past .It's still sanded in down here pretty bad.No old stuff showing.
Gets pretty old after a few hunts.Just curious how it is up and down
the coast. HH Joe

Upvote 0

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
Re: Hey Fla.west coast Th'ers, ? for you

Joe,

There is a real nice trough between the beach and sandbar at Nokomis beach near the north inlet of the Venice jetty.

Last time I was there, I found a ring in the trough. But you have to watch out for the waves - they can come in pretty fierce if the wind is blowing in from off-shore.

Bill

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yep I was seeing a nice trough between shore and the sandbar last time I was there............

OP
OP
J

JoeSWFla

Jun 15, 2007

Well hopefully some are seeing some shell or rock in the deepest parts,
as lately I just see sand,with barely any shell,down here.That's from
all the beach renourishment.Even a more coarse type of sand.Not even
close to the way it was years ago.Hope they leave it alone for a while.
Good luck on your beaches,where ever they may be.HH Joe

LS hunter

May 13, 2008
LOUISIANA
Detector(s) used
WHITES V3...

you realy see sharks????I just got my new excal 2 and was in pensacola the waves were kicken so thay had some guys surfing then i see a ffew of them coming in i ask whats up its getting hot out there the guy said ya its hot but one of the guys seen a 4 1/2 shark i wonder if the detectoes signal calls them thay have raider!!!!!well i was just thinking???
davest said:
pretty much the same here off of Pinellas,beach, trough, sandbar, trough, sandbar, sharks.

Foilman

Aug 17, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandito II uMax

I think it is possible sharks could be attracted but if it happens just turn down your Thresherhold :icon_jokercolor: :icon_jokercolor:

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Seems sharks are attracted to small electrical charges like a short in a wire that produces true electronic voltage. These are very weak electrical voltage outputs that are very small like those emitted by living organisms including humans.

The good news is that sharks are repelled by electromagnetic impulses such as those emitted by metal detectors. I found this patent for a shark repelling device on the internet. I also found other studies explaining that sharks are confused by electromagnetic field generators used by the navy on submarines and other vessels. There are also other patents for electromagnetic shark repellent devices that hook to surfboards, kayaks, life jackets, etc. Bottom line is that I still don't trust the beasties. I am watching for them all the time.

Here is the Patent Info on the device and a photo. Looks an aweful lot like a metal detector doesn't it?

Title: Shark repelling device

Document Type and Number:United States Patent 7270083

Abstract: A device for repelling selected aquatic creatures, such as sharks. The device consists of an electromagnetic field generator for generating an electromagnetic field that repels sharks and is supported by a buoyant device. This provides a shark-free region about the device. Multiple devices can be connected together to form an array of repelling devices, thereby extending the shark-free region.

Attachments

• shark.JPG
    shark.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 252

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread