Friend finds his second ring this week with the Ace 250 he borrowed from me

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
I posted earlier this week about letting my friend borrow my Ace 250 detector to do a little beach hunting. He and his wife are staying at our Venice beach rental, and I suggested he try a little metal detecting while his wife was out shopping.

The first day, within the first hour, he found a nice diamond ring - behind the store on Venice beach.

Of course, he was hooked after that, and has been out detecting each day since. He has found a lot of coins and the usual beach junk, but no more rings.

That is, until today.

I had suggested he try Nokomis beach near the north jetty inland - a good thing since Venice Beach was closed today.

He went over there, and within the first 30 minutes he found another ring!

It looks to be gold, and it may have once had a diamond, but its long gone.

But the thrill of finding another ring - during the first week of ever using a detector!

He also found about $2.50 in change and a lot of costume jewelry left from the Nokomis drum circle earlier this week.

He really loves the Ace 250 - and who wouldn't, finding two rings in just a few days.

But he's hooked now. And is planning the rest of his vacation around beach detecting.

Bill

Attachments

• donsringsmall.jpg
    donsringsmall.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 298
  • dononbeach.jpg
    dononbeach.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 292
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's a gonner for sure. :thumbsup: Now have him use a computer to visit TNet.

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a good deal for him. His poor wife will probably hate you from now on. That is unless he gave her that first diamond.

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you have a new TH'ing partner :icon_pirat:

Way to go with that ACE 250, lots of rings being found lately with the 250's

HH, Mark

Ozzygold

Jan 9, 2008
Australia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites PI Surf
He never had a chance, poor guy finding rings in his first outings, bye bye spare time!...LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread