NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to post this in the Louisiana forum, but it's quiet, dark and scary in there. Anyway, sometime this summer I'd like to get together with a few people and go hunt the abandoned Ft Livingston Army camp. (specifically I'd like to find the dump) Anyone interested, shoot me a PM and let's try to put something together one of these days.

Scar

Dec 25, 2010
I don't know if they will let you detect there. The place has been pretty well cleaned up from what it use to be. I doubt that there is going to be a square foot of Livingston that will not read something in the ground. There will be 10 gillion pull tabs from all the beer that has been drank out there through the years. There will be rebar all over because of all the concrete. You will hit a bunch of overloads also. They buried army tanks, machine guns, engines, trucks, jeeps and you name it. Some of the stuff was brand new and packed in cosmoline. I use to know my way around real good out there but the place doesn't look the same anymore. Let me know when you are going to come up Ken and I will show you around the place.

Scar

Dec 25, 2010
Ken, the Louisiana National Guard owns the property now. It is all part of Camp Beauregard. There is a nice museum at Beauregard that has pictures of the way Camp Livingston looked back in its day.

OP
OP
NOLA_Ken

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scar said:
Ken, the Louisiana National Guard owns the property now. It is all part of Camp Beauregard. There is a nice museum at Beauregard that has pictures of the way Camp Livingston looked back in its day.

I thought I heard it had been turned into hiking trails and the like......

Scar

Dec 25, 2010
There is so much iron, steal, lead, copper, aluminum, tin, brass, silver, gold and god only knows what else in the ground out there that you could work your self to death in just a few days. Back in the 60's and early 70' the largest thing still standing was this really big cold storage warehouse. It was black as the darkest night on the inside. If you would fire off a shotgun round on the inside you could hear all the bats that lived in there take to the air, it would be very loud. We use to drag race every weekend out there. A lot of the streets were still in good shape but the powers that be would come and build four foot dirt levies over the roads to keep us from racing. Camp Livingston brings back memories of the wild younger years of my life.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread