Is this the only site on the internet?

MD'ing Zombie

May 29, 2011
Altoona PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been using computer for a long time now. I'm a help desk tech for a large east coast cable company I play world of warcraft... all was right with the world..then i found this site... and i bought a Metal Detector...now I'm ALWAYS on this site...its like this is the only site on the internet now. :tongue3: wow i think i need a 12 step program or something. :help: Oh well back back to work...while my supervisor is watching anyway :laughing7:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
...And sex! Just can't get good sex on this site. Been trying to seduce Peachy, but she just rambles on about arrowheads and big moths! :'(

RPSwede

Apr 20, 2011
Sparks NV
Detector(s) used
MXT pro , AT pro
LOL!!!! Your involved in two of the most addicting things on earth!! Warcraft and MD'ing.....hmmmmm hit the park for a few hours or make tonights 25man raid. Ya good luck with that! ( I cant say much with 6 lvl 85's) :icon_thumright:

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry it would have to be metal detecting and then warcraft

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
your not alone, everyone is dreaming of being out digging up their greatest finds- and sharing it with nice people on this site....all very good man, just don't get in trouble playing at work.... just remember take a lot of pics... :headbang:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have come to the right place for Treasure hunting! Read-on :thumbsup:

Killer Angel

Jan 17, 2011
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excal, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it's me, but i don't share everyone's bubbly feelings about this site. The finds are fun to read but are undocumented. There is at least one guy finding everyday where others are not finding at all. It's bothersome that admin has let that roll. And, it's happened more than once. I mean Roy Halladay pitching a perfect game, yeah that's fun to see and read about. Roy Halladay pitching a perfect game everytime out? That just ain't happenin.' Many of the folks in my metal detecting club and beach group have given up on this site because of the bogus find posting problem. Shame.

I didn't question the finds until this group pointed it out to me.

I guess you just gotta take the good with the bad, but i sure wish admin would stop that sort of thing from tainting an otherwise good site.

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
tjc45 said:
I guess it's me, but i don't share everyone's bubbly feelings about this site. The finds are fun to read but are undocumented. There is at least one guy finding everyday where others are not finding at all. It's bothersome that admin has let that roll. And, it's happened more than once. I mean Roy Halladay pitching a perfect game, yeah that's fun to see and read about. Roy Halladay pitching a perfect game everytime out? That just ain't happenin.' Many of the folks in my metal detecting club and beach group have given up on this site because of the bogus find posting problem. Shame.

I didn't question the finds until this group pointed it out to me.

I guess you just gotta take the good with the bad, but i sure wish admin would stop that sort of thing from tainting an otherwise good site.

Some one truly addicted and as well as got the time and research ( experience) can find great finds every day..

Just saying it is possible.

Killer Angel

Jan 17, 2011
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excal, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:

Jeff, i didn't mention any names, and no BS, I belong to one of the biggest clubs in the country and they told me this is the case here, not the other way around. I'm not trying to offend anyone, just telling it like it is.

Your policy of not allowing others to openly question finds is a good one as well as necessary. But, the question remains, why doesn't admin act?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tjc45 said:
jeff of pa said:

Jeff, i didn't mention any names, and no BS, I belong to one of the biggest clubs in the country and they told me this is the case here, not the other way around. I'm not trying to offend anyone, just telling it like it is.

Your policy of not allowing others to openly question finds is a good one as well as necessary. But, the question remains, why doesn't admin act?

Like the Link says

"Submit Proof"

Any formal report or complaint should be accompanied by full and absolute proof

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am the same way.There are a few other sites I look at but I don't look long. Tnet just has a great lay out a good bunch of people here that have a love of history . No other site on the net seems to click for me like Tnet. :icon_thumright:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
tjc45 said:
jeff of pa said:

Why should it matter? At the end of the day, anyone faking finds is only fooling themselves. Sure, they may look good to a lot of us on here, and they may get a "banner" find or "honorable mention" tag or two under their names, but it doesn't affect you or me in any way whatsoever!
Let them live in their own little fantasy worlds for what it's worth to them. That's IF they fake finds. No way for the site mod's or admin' to verify someones finds without a personal visit, and they cost too much. :dontknow:

You shouldn't have a go at this site for something that is impossible to avoid mate.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You mean the internet serves a purpose beyond this forum?

Hmm, very odd. Please tell me more!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread