ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
And yes I found silver, however the heading is for the Lone Ranger Safety Scout Silver Cup pin. I thought it was an awesome find and now to research it.

I also think I jinxed myself yesterday. I posted about hardly finding any pennies here including wheat cents. Well, someone has a way of helping me out in that category. I found 16 wheat, oldest is 1911D, another Canadian king George V 1929, and 6 houses today. Most pennies I have ever got from here. Three Washington's, a merc, rosey and a war nickel were my silver coin finds and then a silver ring.

No idea what that lady piece is supposed to be. Looks old. The whistle has the Boy Scout emblem on it and Be Prepared.

Still no gold. Has to be hiding in the deeper muck. Probably at the end of the slides, if I can only find where they were.

Cleaned up a little:

Last edited:
Upvote 21

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit a few sites on the Web and most say that starting in 1933, Silvercup Bread gave away the
Lone Ranger Safety Scout pin as a promotion.
Nice silver haul. I guess where there is Silver,
There is Wheat, lol
Congratulations

Last edited:

KENTUCKYWONDER

Feb 28, 2016
West Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scuba, you may have addressed this question, but, out of couriousity, why are there so many swim buckles in the waters. Did they come off that easy back in the day? Very nice finds by the way.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Scuba, you may have addressed this question, but, out of couriousity, why are there so many swim buckles in the waters. Did they come off that easy back in the day? Very nice finds by the way.

This was a HUGE beach and very popular when it was first established in 1909. Before WW2, brass buckles on rubber belts was the way to fasten swim trunks. The men's locker had over 3 thousand lockers that could be used any given day. Same with the woman's. I can only guess that the belts had a tendency to break or the buckles just came loose. Sometimes I just find the swivel piece with the teeth so when that breaks off the buckle also falls off.

I have found them in a lot of lakes. However this beach is absolutely loaded with them.

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, congrats!! :occasion14:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
This was a HUGE beach and very popular when it was first established in 1909. Before WW2, brass buckles on rubber belts was the way to fasten swim trunks. The men's locker had over 3 thousand lockers that could be used any given day. Same with the woman's. I can only guess that the belts had a tendency to break or the buckles just came loose. Sometimes I just find the swivel piece with the teeth so when that breaks off the buckle also falls off.

I have found them in a lot of lakes. However this beach is absolutely loaded with them.

Let's not forget the obvious with that many people - fights!

Also, when playing in the water, you know there's bound to be some amount of horseplay. just what DID happen back then when you pulled your buddy's swim clothes off?? :laughing7:

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for sharing another fine hunt. Hope you find out what the lady thing is. Lots of detail when you cleaned it up.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More nice finds? That Lone Ranger pin is really cool! Congrats!

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
those brass buckles, hate those things, always sound so sweet

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
those brass buckles, hate those things, always sound so sweet

I guess we have a different perspective. I love them. I know when I find one I am in an old area and I haven't got my coil over it before. I was collecting them so a person that makes art out of metal here could make me a fish using them as scales. I think I have way more than I need now!

I am making this area as void of targets as I can, so when I find them or the big brass tags for locker keys, I slow down and move muck and weeds to get to the silver and gold. These things set my machine off even in a foot or more of muck, which only a silver half does. Then I can move the muck and weeds and find the dimes and quarters and other smaller targets.

Thanks for the comments all. I am all set to make another plunge tomorrow. Maybe a few different spots before I attack that beach again. I really like this beach because of all the silver I am finding. Over 260 coins and over 100 rings and other things. Of course the 37 gold pieces are a good find there also.

Hoping for some more interesting toys also.

Last edited:

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
I guess we have a different perspective. I love them. I know when I find one I am in an old area and I haven't got my coil over it before. I was collecting them so a person that makes art out of metal here could make me a fish using them as scales. I think I have way more than I need now!

I am making this area as void of targets as I can, so when I find them or the big brass tags for locker keys, I slow down and move muck and weeds to get to the silver and gold. These things set my machine off even in a foot or more of muck, which only a silver half does. Then I can move the muck and weeds and find the dimes and quarters and other smaller targets.

Thanks for the comments all. I am all set to make another plunge tomorrow. Maybe a few different spots before I attack that beach again. I really like this beach because of all the silver I am finding. Over 260 coins and over 100 rings and other things. Of course the 37 gold pieces are a good find there also.

Hoping for some more interesting toys also.

yea you know you are somewhere old not overly hunted when you find them for sure! best of luck and stay safe bro!!

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some nice looking recoveries! Congrats and HH

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds. Some poor little kid (who would now probably be in his/her 80's at least, was heart broken when they lost their Lone Ranger Scout pin.
HH
dts

strick

Feb 28, 2005
SF Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Embarrassed to tell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
interesting finds you have there. Looks like you have found a honey hole. Thanks for sharing

strick

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
interesting finds you have there. Looks like you have found a honey hole. Thanks for sharing

strick

If you see some of my other posts, yes I have found a great spot. Over 250 silver coins, over 100 pieces of silver jewelry, 37 pieces of gold and old toys in the last three months. Looks like it was never touched by a diver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread