Hi Treasurenet Members, New member from Az

clane121

May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

Signed up a little while back and then didn't get a chance to introduce myself before we moved to Arizona. Likely just a well...

Anyway my name is Chuck and I'm currently residing in Kingman, Az. I was initially had my hopes set on doing a lot of meteorite hunting, but Az. BLM just changed the law about hunting them and they want some of the profits from the commercial sales of any of them. So they have made it difficult to hunt for them here without getting some special permits, I guess and a piece of the pie. Kinda ruined my plans and hopes. Don't wanna be tied up with that at all. Oh well, what do ya do... lol

Probably sell my Detector and get a Cheaper one, but that's another post. Anyway, glad to be here and hope to get to know some of you.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA)!
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Arizona for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi,

Signed up a little while back and then didn't get a chance to introduce myself before we moved to Arizona. Likely just a well...

Anyway my name is Chuck and I'm currently residing in Kingman, Az. I was initially had my hopes set on doing a lot of meteorite hunting, but Az. BLM just changed the law about hunting them and they want some of the profits from the commercial sales of any of them. So they have made it difficult to hunt for them here without getting some special permits, I guess and a piece of the pie. Kinda ruined my plans and hopes. Don't wanna be tied up with that at all. Oh well, what do ya do... lol

Probably sell my Detector and get a Cheaper one, but that's another post. Anyway, glad to be here and hope to get to know some of you.

Welcome! Your info is not quite right. Yes, the BLM HAS changed their rules, but casual collection for private use is still permitted. You need to join a club that has claims in Gold Basin - that's all. Welcome to our site Do some Google searches!

Meteorites found on public lands may be casually collected by recreationists and hobbyists. The limit on the amount that may be casually collected is meteorite specimens up to ten- pounds that can be easily hand-carried and transported, per person per year. Collection is from the surface only. Motorized and mechanized equipment is not allowed; however, use of metal detectors is permitted. Meteorites may be collected without a permit or collection fee. Casual collection is for personal use only, and therefore, cannot be bartered or sold for commercial purposes.Meteorites may be collected for scientific and educational purposes under a permit issued under the authority of the Antiquities Act. The applicant must be a qualified researcher, and any property collected under this type of permit remains the BLM property. The meteorite collected under permit must be curated in an approved repository that conforms to curatorial standards provided in 36 CFR 79.Meteorites may also be commercially collected under a permit issued under the authority of FLPMA. The applicant must pay an application fee, a purchase price based on a unit price or the percentage of fair market value on the amount of material to be removed, and a reclamation fee, as appropriate. A permittee must also comply with all environmental laws and regulations for surface disturbing activities on public lands. Source: http://www.blm.gov

idnc68

Feb 26, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
At pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from kentucky and good hunting

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread