Hello! Im a new hunter from Connecticut

Antix

Apr 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! I'm a new hunter from Connecticut

Hey there folks. My name is Anthony and I'm new to metal detecting. I'm from southern Connecticut. I would like to do some hunting down in the Stamford-Darien-New Canaan-Norwalk area. Can't anyone help me out in finding some hot spots down this way other than Beaches? I'd like to search for silver and other coins, civil war relics and things of that nature.
I've reading about the laws in regards to metal detecting and do not want to get into any trouble. Any info would be great and I wouldn't mind tagging along with some of you experienced hunters in this part of Connecticut.

Thanks

OP
OP
A

Antix

Apr 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasure Net !!
Try Mill Pond Park in New Canaan. I can remember (WAY back in the day) having picnics on the grass there.
Don....

Thanks. I will definitely check that spot out.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA)!
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Connecticut for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

Apr 28, 2013
Chillicothe ohio
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, minelab etrac, fisher, teknetics,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just make sure you dig nice plugs and always take away trash you find in the dirt. This is a great hobby and unfortunately some people who do it also dont fill their holes up and trash areas with the things they dig up and don't want. I want my kids kids to be able to do this one day without too many laws saying they cant because of a few bad apples out there. Connecticut should be some good hunting grounds and the best thing to do is a lot of research of places in the 19th century that may or may not be around anymore. Google has some old maps etc. GoodLuck to your new endeavors with MD :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread