High School Student Disarms Gunman…Gets Suspended?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
High School Student Disarms Gunman…Gets Suspended?

Mar. 2, 2013 10:12am Madeleine Morgenstern

A Florida high school student wrestled a loaded gun away from another teen on the bus ride home this week and was slapped with a suspension in return.

The 16-year-old Cypress Lake High student in Fort Myers, Fla. told WFTX-TV there was “no doubt” he saved a life after grappling for the loaded .22 caliber revolver being aimed point-blank at another student on Tuesday.

“I think he was really going to shoot him right then and there,” said the suspended student, not identified by WFTX because of safety concerns. “Not taking no pity.”

The student said the suspect, a football player, threatened to shoot a teammate because he had been arguing with his friend.

Authorities confirmed to WFTX the weapon was indeed loaded, and the arrest report stated the suspect, identified by WVZN-TV as Quadryle Davis, was “pointing the gun directly” at the other student and “threatening to shoot him.”

That’s when, the teen told the station, he and two others tackled the suspect and wrestled the gun away. The next day, all three were suspended.

“How they going to suspend me for doing the right thing?” he asked.

The school’s referral slip said he was given an “emergency suspension” for being involved in an “incident” with a weapon. Lee County School District spokesman Alberto Rodriguez said in a statement that “If there is a potentially dangerous situation, Florida law allows the principal to suspend a student immediately pending a hearing.”

Video Landing Page - ABC-7.com WZVN News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida

“Those kids had to fight for their lives,” the mother of the suspended teen said. “All the kids that was involved in this they should have a pat on their backs because they did the right thing to save someone from burying their child.”

The suspended teen is allowed to go back to school Monday.

Meanwhile, the student accused of pointing the weapon has been charged only with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon “without intent” to kill.

The sheriff’s office said the investigation is ongoing and that the charges are “based on our findings at this time.”

Lovely Grammar from the mother....but yep! The good ole USA is definitely slipping into "Barbarians at the gate" syndrome! (Quadryle??...just where do you Americans find these crazy name?)

Lovely Grammar from the mother....but yep! The good ole USA is definitely slipping into "Barbarians at the gate" syndrome! (Quadryle??...just where do you Americans find these crazy name?)

Yeah, ebonics is loverly isn't it?

Actually the result of a school system that doesn't spend its time teaching but rather coddling and babysitting.

The three young men (at least in this instance they behaved like men) should have been applauded rather than suspended. If the superintendent of that school district had any "cajones", he'd fire the principal who suspended those kids.

That's how we do things in this country. Heck, we have young girls that get molested in their own homes by their biological and step fathers. The girls, in many cases, are put in group homes with other girls that have gotten into various kinds of trouble like stealing, running away etc. The molested girls are subjected to the same rules as the trouble makers. They don't go anywhere after school, can't have friends over, can't participate in after school activities and so on. The "fathers" get to stay home and go to "therapy" so they can try to make up with the "but I still love him" mothers.

Dano....I heard on tv the other day that blacks make up about 40% of their kids names when they are born. It's just one of those things. You can take the word "isha" and add whatever you want on the front of it and WALLA, a new name for your kid. :) Nothing against 'em, whatever they want to name their kids is none of my concern.
Bottom line here is, the kid with the gun won't do any time but will eventually end up in prison because he will be allowed to get away with anything he wants to do now. (I guess the gun wasn't an AR15 and I'm sure it can't have possibly been legally owned by him. Apparently banning the ever-so-frightful AR and fingerprinting gun buyers wouldn't have stopped this crime either. Maybe he drank a large, sugary soda and it set him off)

Last edited:
WALLAisha..nice name! (It's "voila" you heathen! lmao) :tongue3:

Yeah i guessed it was a black name. Keep meaning to do a thread on this subject though, minus blacks as their names are just too far out!

This kid was IMO...just doing the bravado "don't mess with me" kid BS, but it strengthens the fact that if you have it..you're more than likely to use it. Had the kid he was threatening punched him in the mouth the odds are he would have fired. If he didn't have it..he'd have had to punch him back. No harm caused!
We have the same problem with knives.

Yeah Spart, but then they did away with the entire country and named us and others as the Czech Republic.
I've heard that this kid that took the gun away actually didn't tell anyone and gave it back to the "bad" kid a few days later. I need to see what the BBC has to say about it. :)

If all bus drivers were armed with AR 15's this type of thing would never ever happen.

Man, that is some crazy arse stuff. If it were my kid that did the right thing, then got suspended, I'd have a stretch limo pick him up from school!..and then take him/her out for pie!

it's the difference between school staff & Police.

schools are making their own rules.

Like here last week one of the schools had a minor fight, someone said "clap",
the paranoids google "clap" in order to find a suggestion it means kill,
& all hell breaks loose.
one kid gets expelled for the word "clap" all schools are locked down, Police
surround all the schools,
& when interviewed on tv the Police pretty much say :icon_scratch: much ado about nothing :dontknow:

The Dauphin County District Attorney's office is being consulted as to whether or not charges will be filed, police said.

I say file charges against the school for false reports

- News - The Citizen Standard

Last edited:
it's the difference between school staff & Police.

schools are making their own rules.

Like here last week one of the schools had a minor fight, someone said "clap",
the paranoids google "clap" in order to find a suggestion it means kill,
& all hell breaks loose.
one kid gets expelled for the word "clap" all schools are locked down, Police
surround all the schools,
& when interviewed on tv the Police pretty much say :icon_scratch: much ado about nothing :dontknow:

I say file charges against the school for false reports

- News - The Citizen Standard

It was just a misunderstanding. He actually was warning the other kids that a certain teacher had the claps.

That was also the real reason for the suspension.

~rant~
Public schools are becoming communists education centers. Just think of what the kids can't do. In Salem public schools, students are not even allowed to touch in a friendly gesture. Clothing, symbolism & how it's worn, regular benign English words, food choices - is being regulated by these union-run commie day care centers.
~end of rant~

Last edited:
Sounds somewhat familiar

Attachments

• children.jpg
    children.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 161
only charged with aggravated assault without intent? WTFrick is that about,Arent US schools Drug/Firearm Free Zones?? Problem is though,The kid with the gun will fire first without hesitation the next time around just because he was shown by others he would have to fight them if he chooses not to pull the trigger.Bad situation all the way around!

EDIT:After thinking about this,Had the firearm discharged during the struggle and killed the kid who brought it to school or another innocent child on the bus,What consequences would these kids face then? Three days suspension for saving a life,God forbid that a life was accidentally taken in this situation.....
He can bring a firearm onto a bus loaded with children an get a slap on the hand,God forbid he carried it into a post office!

Last edited:
Actually you were there first Packer mate..

USAnazisalute_zpsb679659a.jpg

Just sayin' :tongue3:

The ONLY people that adhere to "firearm free zone" signs are the LEGAL gun owners, not scum that are packing guns that they stole from someone. THAT'S the problem...............they want to take guns away from the WRONG people! Then, when the scummy people are caught, the penalty just doesn't fit the crime. The first thing we must do is try to understand why they are so screwed up.

We pledge allegence to a country, not a dictator. Anyway, we used to. :(

Honestly, I'm not sure the pledge is still recited everyday.

Oregon's Speaker if the House, Rep. Tina Kotek, actually opened the current legislative session with "...one nation, under love.....". She's a pathetic excuse for an American. Mind you, the vast majority of these anti-American legislators are from Portland.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back