Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
high tech tool added to today's dig

From the land of the Bluenose.....after spending the better part of day #1 off and doing the "Woody Diggit and the Gauntlet of Doom" post it got the old blood a pumping to get out a digging. What the halibut we had one day above freezing so the ground must be soft! Not!

After scanning the metal detecting forums and beating the crap out of a few bouys (and 1 lass) on the Internet Scrabble Club I headed out to the Dollar Store and picked up a pair of lobster red, rubber gloves to go a digging in the tundra. Had it in mind that I would do a park with some ocean frontage that might not be frozen. Well me son I arrived and I thought that I was in the ice age at the Bedford Park as flows were encroaching not only on the shore but up the steps from the shore. Lord love a duck....not even any of those around but a few albino crows were curling on the ice flows with what appeared to be a mussel!
47b8df10b3127cceb507ae0d20d200000026108AcM2bhk4ZN2

Undaunted I grabbed my gear and went a swinging hoping to halibut that I didn't get a good signal as the ground was harder than trying to get a penny out of a Scotsman!

Man was it hard going on the ice with the sneakers. Not in the park two minutes and the first good old bell tone sounded on the Garrett and I bent down to start the excavation adding a new high tech digging aid to my tool kit....a rock which sort of reminded me of what Fred Flintstone might have used to pacify Willma when he wanted to go out bowling or to the Roc Quarry bar with the bouys.
47b8df10b3127cceb507ae0120de00000026108AcM2bhk4ZN2
My pitching arm felt like it had just thrown a double hitter!

Well after 24 coins @ $1.06 and a timer dewy which , although was in the big chill still ticks or whatever it does. Haven't figured out what it is yet except for digital and red!
47b8df10b3127cceb507aeed203200000026108AcM2bhk4ZN2

Got home to an almost empty abode and lots of attitude from Rutgar the Rottweiler who now wants to be know as Rutgar the Russian! Give me a break!
47b8df10b3127cceb507ae0ea1e100000026108AcM2bhk4ZN2

Upvote 0

Oklahunter

Jan 29, 2008
Choctaw, OK
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Ace 250, Bullseye II
Re: high tech tool added to today's dig

So you were poundin' on the ground with a rock, Leslie? Great mental image, that! :)

I think your electronic gadget is a pedometer, used to measure how far someone walks.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

That is a pedometer unless I am mistaken

OOps they got the post in before I did.

Born Free

Oct 27, 2007
Davenport, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You are strong and stupid brave!! for dealing with the extreme elements in NS!
I'm considering getting a blow torch to thaw the ground where I get a signal...what dya think?!? :D :o

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

I too got the urge to swing on tuesday. I put in 2 hours and beat my digging tool with a rock, after 20 minutes of pounding and digging the rock came loose and offered up a crushed soda can. I dug a few more hits and got 1 sinker and a couple of pieces of wire. when I mangled sinker number 2 because it was so frozen into the ground I called it quits.

3 days over 50 degrees and no ice showing before I go back out again.

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000

not sure what visualization would be funnier- the crows curling with a mussel or you beating on the ground with a rock!!!!! glad you got some keepers after all that banging. :)

garrettfan2

Jul 24, 2006
dallas ft worth

hey mate! nobody tells it like you. always enjoy reading about your adventures. love the pics. gf2 in tx ps:sorry you did not so much :'(

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250

Hey Leslie, way to brave the elements! Don't look like you have any snow up there...we have 7 plus inches of snow and I ain't gonna dig for pennies in that! At least you got out. :D

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

lol nice finds for your day, hope it warms up sooon for you HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions