Highlights from 2 days of Door Knocking with Silver and Copper finds

DavidDigs4Free

May 20, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
Other
These are the best keepers of 2 Days of Door Knocking success with the Equinox 800. I was happily surprised. Knocked on the first door and a very nice ole Gal gives me permission to hunt her early 1900's yard. I went back to the truck, put on my gear and grabbed the trusty Equinox and walked up to the sidewalk leading to the front porch from the street. I has no sooner set up my search program and did a noise cancel made 2 coil swings from where i was standing and I was rewarded with a consistent high tone in the dime range. I cut the plug, pinpointed, and fished a shiny silver 1904 Barber dime from about 5" deep. I thought to myself now this is going to be a real good day, whatever else happens this Barber has made my day. The rest of the day and the next day at this property were equally good. Including a 1914 D Wheat Penny.

1904 Barber Dime, 3 Mercury Dimes (1920, 1941, 1943), 1951 Washington Quarter, 1946 Roosevelt Dime, and a 1914 D Wheat Penny!

DSC_0313A.jpg
DSC_0315A.jpg

Upvote 26

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gorgeous silver coins! Congratulations!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on that 14-D. Probably worth in the neighborhood of 450 bucks in that condition

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, only one wheat and it's a key date!:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
DavidDigs4Free

DavidDigs4Free

May 20, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Cudamark, in response to your comment. I did find additional Wheaties and clad coins, but the other Wheaties were like these or worse, some so corroded the dates were unreadable. I thought I would just post the coins I valued the most. I wonder if the other Wheats with the unreadable dates are all Key Dates, I can only hope right. LOL

DSC_0316A.jpg
DSC_0317A.jpg

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the nice bunch of silver. Really like that Barber. I don't normally get excited about wheat pennies, but a key date coin is very cool.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice old coin shooting! :occasion14:

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sir, you needed to start your post with that key find!
That is in fantastic shape, myself and everyone else here is envious!
Carl

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How is the reaction when knocking on people's doors during this pandemic? I've been hesitant to do it b/c of the reaction I might get from people. Thanks for any insight from you or any other members that have been knocking on doors lately.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty nonchalant about finding a 14-D!! I've found thousands of wheats and never landed that key-date, so big-time Congrats to you! Oh yeah, the rest of the finds are awesome as well!

Royn2751

Jan 14, 2017
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good day!
As a boy in the 50's I was determined to fill my blue Whitman penny collection. I looked through thousands of pennies. I enlisted my Dad to get me $10.00 in rolls when he went to the bank to cash his paycheck on Fridays (people used to do that). I'd occasionally find an Indian head, but never an 09 S VDB, 14D or 22D.
Re rolling the coins was harder than checking the dates.
I don't know what happened to the book.
Best Lincoln I've dug is a roached 09S
You are very fortunate.
HH

OP
OP
DavidDigs4Free

DavidDigs4Free

May 20, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
How is the reaction when knocking on people's doors during this pandemic? I've been hesitant to do it b/c of the reaction I might get from people. Thanks for any insight from you or any other members that have been knocking on doors lately.

In the area I live the number of Covid 19 cases is relatively low. Most people adhere to the guidance regarding social distancing and wearing masks in stores and public areas if posted. But, overall in outdoor public interactions the fear of contacting the Wuhan Flu is very low. When Door Knocking for permissions i haven't encountered anyone that mentioned Covid 19 or acted in any way like they didn't want me on their front porch for fear of contacting the China Plague. So far my success percentage for gaining permissions has been about 75%, but I attribute that to being a Handsome Old Man with a Charismatic and Charming Personality. LOL Go out and knock on some doors, all they can say is No and you may be surprised by how many say yes.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
As a service tech, I’ve knocked on well over 200 doors since March. I entered at least one third. If it were not for the MSM, I wouldn’t have known any different at 95% of those homes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread