Hillside Park Silver

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The park near my home has been pounded to death and I see detectorists out there almost weekly. There's a very steep hillside, though, the kind you can slide on on your butt down, that leads to the bottom level of the park. Most people use the stairs, but I notice a lot of younger folks like to take the shortcut and skedaddle down it. 75 years of people sliding down that thing must mean something, right? Indeed! The 3rd or 4th hole I dug yielded a nice merc. Then a large sterling earring, then the buffalo... My son and I lost daylight after about half an hour, but we will be gridding the entire hillside this week and hope to catch some more goodies. Don't ignore those steep hillsides folks!

Hillside-Silver.jpg

Upvote 18

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats to you on your Merc - buffalo - silver ear ring and other finds, thanks for the hill side advice - anyway thanks for the great post & I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishin.

Texas ED

tanz 82

Mar 16, 2012
N.mass- S.nh
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds in a vacuumed park ! I got park here my town similar to what you described it has really steep hills but all I find is pull tabs

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to read that land! Congrats on some fine goodies. Sub 8-)

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Echoplex. Very nice finds and a great tip...hope you dig some more good holes there. Good Luck. C9

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go finding those keepers in the hard-to-work spots! I love working hillsides, cuz I always feel others wont put in that kind of effort and the rewards have been great- as you've shown- Congrats!!

-- Jeff --

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the Merc, Buffalo and earring. Like most people, a lot of those in our hobby will take the path of least resistance. I am known to do what you did, check the hillsides, duck under low hanging branches, walk thru the creek not around it, etc. But of course those that have bad knees, backs, etc. have to stay in the flat lands. Blaze your own trail, and you will make finds like that.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice coins and jewelry finds! :occasion14:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful earring. You could take off the ear hook and have it replaced with a bail and you would have a gorgeous pendant.

OP
OP
Echoplex

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful earring. You could take off the ear hook and have it replaced with a bail and you would have a gorgeous pendant.

I was thinking the same thing! It's certainly large enough and my wife can actually wear something I found. 10 points for Gryffindor.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread