Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have faith. Many naysayers here on this forum have said that they hope they are wrong and would like to believe your notion, in many parts to be true. That is NOT to say your hypothesis is wrong, but it is to say you offer a different opinion. As we ALL go thru our different ideas, hopefully everyone will respect each other and go thru the trials and tribulations of a decent investigation.
Oh, and by the way to everybody here, if you come off as someone forcing me to accept your theroy, you won't be responded to.

ok Mikey, you have been here a month and you know us all?
by naysayers, if you mean ones who don't believe something that 'might' be , but want evidence. count me in.
No one is forcing you or anyone else to accept their ideas and we ask the same.
If one wants to start a thread and only have ones who agree to post I suppose one should mention that at the beginning.

Mikey667

Feb 13, 2014
Your Mom's House, Florida
Detector(s) used
The BIG one
Primary Interest:
Other
Awe, heck...here's one more. (Not that many on this thread will be interested, but the information is out there if anyone wants it.)

http://www.richardnielsen.org//PDFs/V3033%20HookedX%20Website.pdf

The two big similarities between the writings of Brown and those of Wolter are Templars and fiction; unfortunately, they see a far wider audience than more scholarly works do.

Hi Dave, and thank you for your link posts. I did read them and although they seem convincing, I think we should start first together on the beginning of all this and how it pertains to the Americas. This being the Kensington Runestone.

I know you have questioned it's authenticity but as a treasure hunter, it could be a REAL treasure. Let's pretend that it is NOT a real treasure. First, we will have to make it a complete fake. When Olof Ohman said he found it, sure, he was of Scandanavian descent, and prolly did carve the stone himself. He certainly wanted back in 1898 to make sure that his find would prove that Christopher Columbus did not discover America. He completely lied about his find and carved it himself. He wanted to make the papers of his time. He scribed this:

Eight Götalanders and 22 Northmen on (this?) acquisition journey from Vinland far to the west. We had a camp by two (shelters?) one day's journey north from this stone. We were fishing one day. After we came home, found 10 men red from blood and dead. Ave Maria save from evil. There are 10 men by the inland sea to look after our ships fourteen days journey from this peninsula (or island). Year 1362.

He did all of this to gain attention. And thru the years, he was shunned by his own community, made fun of, and called a fakir. He did it for purposes we do not actually know, but he carved it.

Mikey667

Feb 13, 2014
Detector(s) used
The BIG one
Primary Interest:
Other
Awe, heck...here's one more. (Not that many on this thread will be interested, but the information is out there if anyone wants it.)

http://www.richardnielsen.org//PDFs/V3033%20HookedX%20Website.pdf

The two big similarities between the writings of Brown and those of Wolter are Templars and fiction; unfortunately, they see a far wider audience than more scholarly works do.

As I posted earlier, let's pretend that the Kensington Runestone is true to it's origin as compared to it being a fake. While Dr. Henrik Williams has many good points, as to his dissertation and review that Scott F. Wolter is wrong in his ideas, many are too coincidental as Wolter states that the Kensington Runestone is legit.

As we look at the double dating, we find that "double dating" was used as a "code" to keep others from changing the original date.
This is the first date:
Original Date Carving 1362 fig1.JPG
This is the second date:
Easter Table Carving 1362 fig2.JPG

The funny thing is that both dates are transcribed to the same year, 1362.

How would Olof Ohman, who found the Kensington Runestone know about this? We don't know exactly, but we do know that he probably did not, being the books given to him AFTER finding the runestone and runeologists looked at and deciphered it mentioned nothing about double dating.

As an aside, Dr. Henrik Williams wrote in his review of "Scott F. Wolter. The Hooked X: Key to the Secret History of North
America. St. Cloud, MN: North Star Press" wrote this:

"Note: The finder of the KRS ({Kensington Runestone, my insertion}), Olof Ohman, was without any evidence accused of also having authored its
inscription. In fact, for linguistic reasons this is impossible and even if it had not been, no one should be condemned
without proof and due process. Ohman and his descendents suffered because of the slander, in which even
scholars were accomplices. In 2004, I apologized to Olof’s grandson, Mr. Darwin Ohman, as a representative of
the Ohman family, for the grave injustice done by some of my predecessors."

So, Olof Ohman has been vindicated. Apparently, Olof Ohman has been said to NOT to have scribed the Kensington Runestone.

I will say, coincidences are NOT fact, but they do lead to finding the truth. Things add up, some don't. For the most part, follow your instincts... they may lead you to something you never considered.

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I have to say that the guy diving in the one foot of mud and water with a metal detector was enlightening . As far as the copper coin goes it should have already sunk to the clay by this time. It looks like the History channel is milking it for what it is worth.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mike, Ground Radar will work better over 6' of ice than it would on 6' of earth and clay to show targets at 7' or lower. This is the best time for this to happen. I talked to Marty and Rick Lagina yesterday and they may give it a try. The results will only be as good as the person doing the job. So I hope they do it right.

My story on the Templars and the Treasure is new. It tells how I think the Templars made it to Oak Island and what happen when they left. I travel to the site and spend money to try to get the answers we all want. I could be wrong or parts of my story could be wrong but it gets everyone thinking and thats what we need on this site . When no one is talking thats when this hunt ends. Lets work together with all new ideas and see what comes up. I have offered to help Marty and Rick if they need info on what to use , when and how. I do not believe there is a treasure on Oak Island but again I could be wrong. But to get the answers, we need to work together.:icon_thumright:

Now, to your point FinderKeeper... I know up there on Oak Island, it is winter and thanks to Global Warming (haha) it is truly frozen up there. As a novice myself, do you think it is possible to get some good ideas thru the ice? It makes for a terrible dig, but maybe the ground radar could give an idea? At least things won't move around as much as if there was a cavern with water sloshing around?

Edited to say I am the novice... I worded it wrong. please accept my apologies

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011
Well I have to say that the guy diving in the one foot of mud and water with a metal detector was enlightening . As far as the copper coin goes it should have already sunk to the clay by this time. It looks like the History channel is milking it for what it is worth.

Thank you for helping me realize I am not out of my mind.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for helping me realize I am not out of my mind.

It was actually one of the funniest things I have ever seen. They should have cut that scene. I hunt often and in water and mud and have never ever seen anything like that! The treasure is not on the lily pads.:tongue3:

Mikey667

Feb 13, 2014
Detector(s) used
The BIG one
Primary Interest:
Other
It was actually one of the funniest things I have ever seen. They should have cut that scene. I hunt often and in water and mud and have never ever seen anything like that! The treasure is not on the lily pads.:tongue3:

Actually, I did find it funny myself. When in Rome... you know the saying...

A copper piece of 8 would NOT have thrown me for a loop. It could have been dropped by anybody. Anybody who walked thru there could have dropped it. Who knows, maybe someone with a hole in their pocket could have lost a dozen of them. It proves really nothing when it comes to proof of a treasure there. It only proves that somebody was there, at a certain time, BUT only after the date on the coin. Somebody could have been there in 1980 with their "good luck" coin and lost it.

So, I do share a common denominator with those who are of the belief that there is nothing there. Sure. But as an aside, why be so pessimistic toward others here? Would it be interesting if something was there? I'm not paying for it and neither are you. Correct? So why cry about it here? Think about it. Logic dictates that people without open minds should go somewhere else. Instead of putting people down, maybe being constructive on the idea would be much more interesting than crying about it.

The thread was started on the premise that Oak Island has found new ideas, and new hope. While a dialog is welcome, maybe add to the conversation instead of beating everyone up. Maybe a complaint thread is in order so others can complain there. I would tend to think this is a nice place to have open ideas, not complaints.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Hi Dave, and thank you for your link posts. I did read them and although they seem convincing, I think we should start first together on the beginning of all this and how it pertains to the Americas. This being the Kensington Runestone.

I know you have questioned it's authenticity but as a treasure hunter, it could be a REAL treasure. Let's pretend that it is NOT a real treasure. First, we will have to make it a complete fake. When Olof Ohman said he found it, sure, he was of Scandanavian descent, and prolly did carve the stone himself. He certainly wanted back in 1898 to make sure that his find would prove that Christopher Columbus did not discover America. He completely lied about his find and carved it himself. He wanted to make the papers of his time. He scribed this:

Eight Götalanders and 22 Northmen on (this?) acquisition journey from Vinland far to the west. We had a camp by two (shelters?) one day's journey north from this stone. We were fishing one day. After we came home, found 10 men red from blood and dead. Ave Maria save from evil. There are 10 men by the inland sea to look after our ships fourteen days journey from this peninsula (or island). Year 1362.

He did all of this to gain attention. And thru the years, he was shunned by his own community, made fun of, and called a fakir. He did it for purposes we do not actually know, but he carved it.

You're jumping to conclusions again. Who said that in order for it to be a fake, Ohman must have carved it? The evidence strongly suggests that he did not, regardless of its origin. I don't personally think that he had anything to do with it beyond digging it up.

His community did not shun him. They stood behind him. Most of them still do today, as I understand it. I'm pretty sure that he did find that rock out in a field. I'm also pretty sure that it wasn't carved by Vikings, and I'm extremely sure that it wasn't Templars either. So who carved it? I don't know, and neither does anyone else. There simply isn't enough evidence to prove or disprove its authenticity at this time, but the evidence mostly suggests (but again, does not prove) that the stone is not ancient.

Lots of questions here. Thus, when someone presents the KSR as an undisputable fact of history, I question them because it's anything but. Even Nielsen won't go on record as saying that the stone is authentic. The best that he'll do is say that it can't be proven to be a fake, which is correct.

Mikey667

Feb 13, 2014
Detector(s) used
The BIG one
Primary Interest:
Other
You're jumping to conclusions again. Who said that in order for it to be a fake, Ohman must have carved it? The evidence strongly suggests that he did not, regardless of its origin. I don't personally think that he had anything to do with it beyond digging it up.

His community did not shun him. They stood behind him. Most of them still do today, as I understand it. I'm pretty sure that he did find that rock out in a field. I'm also pretty sure that it wasn't carved by Vikings, and I'm extremely sure that it wasn't Templars either. So who carved it? I don't know, and neither does anyone else. There simply isn't enough evidence to prove or disprove its authenticity at this time, but the evidence mostly suggests (but again, does not prove) that the stone is not ancient.

Lots of questions here. Thus, when someone presents the KSR as an undisputable fact of history, I question them because it's anything but. Even Nielsen won't go on record as saying that the stone is authentic. The best that he'll do is say that it can't be proven to be a fake, which is correct.

And my next post afterward?

Leila

Jan 12, 2014
Southern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mike, Ground Radar will work better over 6' of ice than it would on 6' of earth and clay to show targets at 7' or lower. This is the best time for this to happen. I talked to Marty and Rick Lagina yesterday and they may give it a try. The results will only be as good as the person doing the job. So I hope they do it right.

My story on the Templars and the Treasure is new. It tells how I think the Templars made it to Oak Island and what happen when they left. I travel to the site and spend money to try to get the answers we all want. I could be wrong or parts of my story could be wrong but it gets everyone thinking and thats what we need on this site . When no one is talking thats when this hunt ends. Lets work together with all new ideas and see what comes up. I have offered to help Marty and Rick if they need info on what to use , when and how. I do not believe there is a treasure on Oak Island but again I could be wrong. But to get the answers, we need to work together.:icon_thumright:

Finderkeeper..................thanks for the update! I'm not all that familiar with radar equipment. Is the radar unit that they used in the swamp..............the PVC pipe in a rectangle and carried by two men, the type of radar you would use for going over the swamp while it's frozen? Or, is there some other type of radar equipment that hasn't been used yet on Oak Island that would work better?

I sure hope Marty and Rick Lagina accept your offer of help. Until Marty and Rick Lagina came along all searches on Oak Island involved digging in or near the original money pit and haven't resulted in any tangible finds. I think investigating the swamp and other areas of the Island is probably the best route at this point.

The swamp is intriguing. When you look at aerial pictures of the swamp, it's a perfect triangle. In nature that's unusual. Most ponds, swamps, lakes, or any body of water is usually round or irregularly shaped. So the swamp on Oak Island is definitely different and suggests being man-made. Another thing that I've wondered about is the fact that the swamp is fresh water. Again, looking at aerial pictures, that swamp can't be more than 30 to 40 feet from the ocean, yet is freshwater. I would think that any body of water that close to the ocean would have a lot of salt water intrusion.

There's been some good points brought up on this forum in regards to the oak trees that once grew on Oak Island. If any are left, I think it would be a good idea to have them thoroughly checked out by a botanist to determine age. That might provide another clue to the Oak Island mystery. I'm thinking that someone brought those oak trees to the island for a purpose, perhaps in providing identification that the island to look for is the one with the oak trees on it. Dating the oaks trees would give us yet another date.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
As I posted earlier, let's pretend that the Kensington Runestone is true to it's origin as compared to it being a fake. While Dr. Henrik Williams has many good points, as to his dissertation and review that Scott F. Wolter is wrong in his ideas, many are too coincidental as Wolter states that the Kensington Runestone is legit.

I'm not sure that I understand this.

I hear a lot about this Easter Table Code, but no facts or evidence. Do you have a good source that explains this with appropriate documentation and/or footnotes? Every link that I follow seems to end up at a blog, with some of them crossreferencing each other. I'm not sure that this is even real, but I'm willing to read about it if there's something worth reading.

I never said that Ohman faked it, as the evidence doesn't support that. To state that there no evidence that he faked it would be incorrect, as there was some - possible deception (which may have been confusion), a knowledge of runes, and a minor motivation. However, there is no solid evidence showing that he did this, and there is plenty of other evidence suggesting that he had nothing to do with it.

Mikey667

Feb 13, 2014
Detector(s) used
The BIG one
Primary Interest:
Other
Finderkeeper..................thanks for the update! I'm not all that familiar with radar equipment. Is the radar unit that they used in the swamp..............the PVC pipe in a rectangle and carried by two men, the type of radar you would use for going over the swamp while it's frozen? Or, is there some other type of radar equipment that hasn't been used yet on Oak Island that would work better?

I sure hope Marty and Rick Lagina accept your offer of help. Until Marty and Rick Lagina came along all searches on Oak Island involved digging in or near the original money pit and haven't resulted in any tangible finds. I think investigating the swamp and other areas of the Island is probably the best route at this point.

The swamp is intriguing. When you look at aerial pictures of the swamp, it's a perfect triangle. In nature that's unusual. Most ponds, swamps, lakes, or any body of water is usually round or irregularly shaped. So the swamp on Oak Island is definitely different and suggests being man-made. Another thing that I've wondered about is the fact that the swamp is fresh water. Again, looking at aerial pictures, that swamp can't be more than 30 to 40 feet from the ocean, yet is freshwater. I would think that any body of water that close to the ocean would have a lot of salt water intrusion.

There's been some good points brought up on this forum in regards to the oak trees that once grew on Oak Island. If any are left, I think it would be a good idea to have them thoroughly checked out by a botanist to determine age. That might provide another clue to the Oak Island mystery. I'm thinking that someone brought those oak trees to the island for a purpose, perhaps in providing identification that the island to look for is the one with the oak trees on it. Dating the oaks trees would give us yet another date.

Hi again Leila...

I sticking with you and rowanns on the Oak Tree Phenomenon. Oak trees are not indigenous to the island at all. I believe you and rowanns have stumbled upon a clue, and we aren't talking about chopping AlGore in half to count his rings... the oak trees should be somewhat from Scotland or England to prove that they dont belong there. As you see in the pic rowanns posted, the oak trees have more of a canopy, like an umbrella shape to them. So, as going by that basis, alone, where can you find them? Obviously not in California. There is a question, they seem a bit suspiciously like Poplar trees as well.

The investigation continues. My mom knows her trees, I will ask her and see what she says.

Mikey667

Feb 13, 2014
Detector(s) used
The BIG one
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not sure that I understand this.

I hear a lot about this Easter Table Code, but no facts or evidence. Do you have a good source that explains this with appropriate documentation and/or footnotes? Every link that I follow seems to end up at a blog, with some of them crossreferencing each other. I'm not sure that this is even real, but I'm willing to read about it if there's something worth reading.

I never said that Ohman faked it, as the evidence doesn't support that. To state that there no evidence that he faked it would be incorrect, as there was some - possible deception (which may have been confusion), a knowledge of runes, and a minor motivation. However, there is no solid evidence showing that he did this, and there is plenty of other evidence suggesting that he had nothing to do with it.

Dave, I never accused you actually of saying that the Kensington Runestone was a fake. I did say that you doubted it's veracity, which you said in an earlier post. And you never said that Ohman faked it. I never said that you said that either. I won't put words in your mouth. Trust me. I did say that Dr. Henrik Williams apologized to the Ohman family, for whatever reason, which I am not privy to.

You do agree that Olaf Ohman did not write the Kensington Runestone as Dr. Henrik Williams may have apologized for?

http://www.kensingtonrunestone.us/html/_conclusions.html

Last edited:

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011
I just watched my recorded episode of the Spanish coin being recovered, this time I watched it all the way through.

I cant believe that guy that planted it thought no one would take notice.

His demeanor changed through out the rest of the show. He was never in the same state of mind as the others when presenting the coin and discussing the coin with the elderly man that lives on the island. In a couple of the shots he was craftily edited out so his expression would not ruin the shot. He appeared to enjoy fooling the old man. This is such a shame. The two brothers seem to be very sincere in their quest and this keeps me coming back.

Because of lack of hard evidence I will not state who it is that planted the coin but anyone watching can certainly figure it out.

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011
Did everyone forget that the "swamp" is actually an estuary that turned into a swamp when the fairly recently constructed road bed was put in place at the mouth of it?

Ugh......

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
You do agree that Olaf Ohman did not write the Kensington Runestone as Dr. Henrik Williams may have apologized for?

I don't think that Ohman did it, no. I can't prove that he didn't, but the available evidence suggests that it was someone else.

I did see a blog somewhere where someone made a rather iffy case that he not only did it, but actually signed it in code, but you probably already know how I feel about such things. I don't consider theories like this to be viable when simpler ones exist.

Speaking of codes, what about this Easter Table? I'm honestly curious. Everyone seems to know all about it but me. I need to get up to speed on this.

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm intrigued by the picture of the oak trees on Oak Island. I live on the west coast of the U.S. in an area where there's a lot of oak trees. The oak trees on Oak Island look nothing like the oak trees here. Our oak trees are huge and known to live about 500 years. Here's a picture:

View attachment 946002

Hi Leila, the oaks that used to grow on Oak Island had a funny umbrella-like shape to them. The consensus is that is because they faced the ocean, their growth was impacted by ocean salt and wind.

Last edited:

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi again Leila...

I sticking with you and rowanns on the Oak Tree Phenomenon. Oak trees are not indigenous to the island at all. I believe you and rowanns have stumbled upon a clue, and we aren't talking about chopping AlGore in half to count his rings... the oak trees should be somewhat from Scotland or England to prove that they dont belong there. As you see in the pic rowanns posted, the oak trees have more of a canopy, like an umbrella shape to them. So, as going by that basis, alone, where can you find them? Obviously not in California. There is a question, they seem a bit suspiciously like Poplar trees as well.

Hi there,

The investigation continues. My mom knows her trees, I will ask her and see what she says.

I had posted this previously, but thought I'd so here as well. The general theory as to why those oaks look the way they do is because they had no shelter and faced the ocean winds full force. As a result, their growth was impacted and they developed an odd, umbrella shaped appearance as a result. What I can tell you is that the only indigenous oak in Nova Scotia is the red oak, but the soil and general environment of the islands in this area has never been conducive to their successful growth and continued development, which is why, in the end, there are no oak trees on Oak Island anymore.

Mikey667

Feb 13, 2014
Detector(s) used
The BIG one
Primary Interest:
Other

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread