History Channel - Oak Island mini series January 5, 2014

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The (Untold) Story of The Oak Island Money Pit

The Oak Island Money Pit was constructed by the “powers that be” who were and still are to this day, the secret force that controls the course of mankind on earth.
This organization is known as - The “Freemasons”.

The story of The Oak Island Money Pit begins in the 1760’s
It was conceived by a number of Britain’s high ranking naval officers, who were Masonic Freemasons and belonging to the Masonic “Premier Grand Lodge of England”.
These Masons were members of the Whig Party opposed to the next successor to the throne, the unstable King George III.
These members were:
Washington Shirley, 5th Earl Ferrers – Vice Admiral - Grand Master of the Masonic Lodge – Premier Grand Lodge of England
George Anson, Baron Anson – Admiral of the Fleet
George Keppel, 3rd Earl of Albemarle - Commander-In-Chief
Augustus Keppel, 1st Viscount Keppel – Rear Admiral – Brother to George Keppel
William Keppel – Lieutenant-General – Brother to George Keppel
George Pocock – Admiral – Commander of the Invasion of Havana
and
Benjamin Franklin – First Grand Master of Pennsylvania who met in 1760 with the Grand Master of England to discuss their plan.

The Mason’s plot originated after King George III’s destruction of the Whig’s political power with his redirection of this power to the Tory Party, and the Mason’s concern of the imminent invasion of England, during the Seven Years’ War, by the joint forces of France and Spain. Spain outlawed all forms of secret organizations, including the Freemasons.

The Mason’s plan was to redirect a fortune to the “New World” (North America), to enable the transfer of the Masonic organization, if and when these fears materialized.
Their plan entailed the capture of Havana in 1762.
Havana’s Morro Castle was the Fort Knox of Spain, holding the South and Central America’s gold supply prior to its shipment to Spain.
The invasion of Havana was under the command of George Keppel, with Admiral George Pocock and Keppel’s two brothers Augustus and William Keppel, commanding the actual attack. They were successful with the capture of Havana and Fort Morro and its unprecedented amount of treasure. They also captured a number of the Spanish Fleet, which was needed to accomplish their plan. Accordingly, Admiral Pocock returned to England with the main English fleet carrying a portion of the treasure, while Augustus and William Keppel along with their crew and Masonic engineers all sworn to secrecy, manned the 8 Spanish Galleons and the 2 British Man of War. This treasure was diverted to a small island off the coast of New England and Nova Scotia now called Oak Island.

At Oak Island the treasure was buried based on the Masonic “Royal Arch” (Enoch’s Temple) consisting of nine arches going down nine levels by way of a main shaft (The Money Pit) which was dug down to the bedrock. From the ninth level another tunnel was constructed which ran back up to a point above the known water level, roughly 20 feet underground and at this point an enormous cavern was built to hold the treasure. The treasure was carted down the main shaft and placed up into this cavern. To conceal their plot they had the 8 Spanish ships dismantled with all the wooden parts not used in the construction of the shaft, tunnels and cavern burnt and all the metal parts (canons, anchors and bolts) were placed at the bottom of the main shaft. Flood tunnels were built out to the ocean to booby trap any treasure seekers attempts to follow down the main shaft. A large stone was placed at the air lock (8th level) as bait to activate the flooding. This stone had strange engravings on it to entice any unworthy treasure seekers to pause and take the bait (stone) away for deciphering, thus allowing time for the tunnels and main shaft to fill with water and be destroyed forever. The Masons knew exactly by their calculated mark above ground where the treasure cavern below ground was located, and could access it by digging down 20 feet.

Once the treasure was secured in the cavern and all the evidence was hidden from the island, it was documented that the Keppels sailed back to England with 2 ships and a small portion of the treasure. They claimed that the remainder of the fleet had sunk in a hurricane on route.

The Masons left several markers on the island to relocate the treasure.
1 large triangle or more precisely a crude Sextant
2 drilled holed stones
1 large stone cross
These combined markers when used to cross triangulate and a set degree on the sextant point to the “X” where the cavern is today located.

Is the treasure still in this cavern?

I believe it was removed in 1795

One of the three original discoverers of the Money Pit was Daniel McGinnis, who stated he was drawn to the island when he noticed strange lights appearing on the island just prior to his discovery.
These lights were made by the Freemasons when they returned for their treasure.
This Masonic party was headed up by George Washington, President of the United States – acting Grand Master of the Washington DC Masons.

The treasure’s vast fortune was used, as planned, to further the power of the Freemasons in their new world, with them becoming “The New World Order”.

Last edited:

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rowanns, I am not sure what you mean by saying that nothing was done to the Order of the Templars in Scotland. They were tried in 1309 and most of their lands were handed over to the Knights Hospitaller.

Sorry about that one. When I said nothing was done really, I meant not on the scale of that which happened in France for example. I do believe Scotland was under a papal interdict at this time, so the inquisition didn't get to do its dirty work there. I only ever found two Templars who were put on trial in Scotland and nothing came of it. Their lands were given to the Hospitallers, but in the grand scheme of things, it is my opinion that it was something that could easily have been overcome if support remained intact but not readily apparent.

Again, my thoughts only, so everyone go easy!!!

NostraDanis

Feb 16, 2014
The Bluegrass
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a general question that I hope one of you fine folks may be able to answer in regard to something from the show.

The gentleman with the Shakespeare-related theory had the brothers consider an expanded sort of Tree-of-Life diagram cast over Nolan's Cross. As I recall, he told them that the "Mercy" location was where the treasure would be, and everyone went off to the swamp to find "The Mercy Point." My question is, why Mercy? What meaning, in the context of the Tree of Life, does that location vs the other locations have?

Thank you in advance to anyone who may enlighten me.

skumpa

Mar 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Kabbalistic Tree of Life. If you look it up it tells you different names for the stones, the Mercy Stone is also called the Chesed, Mercy, Greatness, and Kindness.

Scott

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Is the treasure still in this cavern? I believe it was removed in 1795 One of the three original discoverers of the Money Pit was Daniel McGinnis, who stated he was drawn to the island when he noticed strange lights appearing on the island just prior to his discovery. These lights were made by the Freemasons when they returned for their treasure. This Masonic party was headed up by George Washington, President of the United States – acting Grand Master of the Washington DC Masons. The treasure’s vast fortune was used, as planned, to further the power of the Freemasons in their new world, with them becoming “The New World Order”.

Well, that settles that. I'll admit that this is one of the more original theories that I've yet seen. The question now is, after they dug that massive hole to recover their treasure, why did they bother filling it in again?

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The design of the Money Pit was to be a "Red Herring" in that any treasurer seeker would exhaust his time, money and energy trying to dig down a shaft as a diversion to where the real cavern is located.
Much like a predator digs at a gopher hole while the rodent leaves via another exit.
Today by all the digging, blasting and mayhem their plan has worked very well.

Dig-a-hole

Mar 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever it is you are talking about was it actually shown on tv? We can pretty much count on 1 hand the amount of things found in season 1.

1.coconut fiber
2.small bones
3.an old coin with an 8 in the middle of it.
4.Odd colored flat (maybe man made)rocks in the swamp.

Did I forget anything? Is what you are talking about one of those?

Yeah,you forgot that their first action on the island was bringing in a well driller and drilling a random hole in the vicinity and actually finding something (pottery or dishware or china) down deep enough to tell you that it shouldn't be there unless there was a lot of activity down at 100+ feet in the middle of nowhere.imagine finding something like that in the middle of an uninhabited forest region. you would know people were down there doing something other then burying their dirty dishes so they wouldn't have to clean them after a shore lunch in the new world.

Dig-a-hole

Mar 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few things I have read in here made me think along the logical lines of a great undertaking and brilliant planning. first someone said because of the nature of a supposed "great undertaking" you would need a lot of men to do the actual work and if so it still would take a long time to accomplish.This is true, what I didn't realize until I read the guys post was that PEOPLE WOULD HAVE DIED and I am sure they didn't pile them back on the ship to take back home for buriel neither did they throw then in the bay as they would have washed back up on their shores or the shores where natives or others would see them. so they buried them or their bones.nobody found any human remains though.look for graves and you find better clues as to who was there and when.surely the island has remains on it somewhere.
Another fascinating thing was one guys post referring to the island being " two islands" which is what it looks like from the air,what a perfect place to hide a ship or ships!.it is inbetween two islands and hidden from the mainland which is what you would look for if you didn't want anyone to see you anchored and standing out like a sore thumb in a cove or beach area...you find the perfect island to hide and conceal ship or ships...simply sail them in,camo the front and back and no one knows you are there.then over time maybe disguise it better. notice that you see a house of the other treasure hunter "nolen" at the other end of the swamp area where the two islands would separate. he is there for a reason. And to finish it off you have to find the island again so how do you distinguish it from the other islands? you plant something that stands out like a becon....oak on oak island. not spruce or fur...then it would be spruce or fur island and you cant find it hehe

rush

Aug 24, 2009
Only a very short time ago, a young man found on the island a copper coin, weighing an ounce and a half, dated 1317, on which were various strange devices. Some years ago, a boat- swain's stone whistle was also found on the island, of a very ancient pattern, but it was accidentally broken by the finder and was thrown away.
Is there any kind of description of this stone whistle?

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
The design of the Money Pit was to be a "Red Herring" in that any treasurer seeker would exhaust his time, money and energy trying to dig down a shaft as a diversion to where the real cavern is located. Much like a predator digs at a gopher hole while the rodent leaves via another exit. Today by all the digging, blasting and mayhem their plan has worked very well.

I questioned this earlier in the thread, but that was well before you arrived. I'll bring it up again though: do you really believe that someone dug a hole this large (just how large, or even whether it ever truly existed, are open to debate, but for the sake of this discussion we'll go with the more common belief that it was quite large) and filled it in as a diversion, while knowing that such a diversion would give people a reason to start looking for treasure in a place where they ordinarily wouldn't?

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dave, people do believe that the pit in Oak Island was a diversion. Of course it would have to be filled in - it wouldn't be a diversion any other way would it. It depends upon what was being hidden to begin with and the importance attached to it. It makes no difference if someone believes in this theory or not frankly. The bottom line is that the platforms and work in constructing the pit would have been necessary if a diversion was the main intent.

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This Viking ship was over 120 feet, twice the size as Columbus'.
'Awesome' Viking warship 'struck terror into people' - CNN.com

It seems they had the technology, but did the Vikings or someone that hired Vikings have the reason to come and bury treasure?

That's one mighty big ship!

Did you follow the link to the National Geographic articles on Viking artefacts found on Baffin Island and in Labrador, as well as Native DNA found in four Icelandic families?

There is the idea steadily emerging of a trade link between the Norse and at least the northern areas of Canada. Of course, there are the sceptics and academics who are arguing that this is just not possible 'cause nothing was written about it. But physical proof is forthcoming, which is putting knickers in a knot and changing the history books.

If the Norse had, in fact, a steady relationship of trade, that changes things significantly in that contact becomes deeper and more lasting.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Time line for the construction of The Oak Island Money Pit

Oak sland.jpg

The evidence, objects and clues found all pointed to one logical explanation.

That being the "truth" - The Freemasons built it!

“… when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth…”

Start by eliminating the "impossible" as to who could not have built it.
This lies with the "probable" time line of construction
It is claimed that the three discoverers found the pit in 1795 ad
If the information as to the large mature Oak Tree capable of supporting the Block and Tackle hanging over the Pit is correct than it would have been a tree of at least 75 years of age.
Experts state that Oak trees (not of old growth oak forests) have a tree life span of from 100 – 150 with 125 being the middle years.
This would place the earliest construction of the Money Pit at around 1745 ad
The Oak wood from the platforms carbon tested in 1981 to 1670 ad – 1780 ad
http://www.oakislandtreasure.c...
The use throughout the Pit and Tunnels of Coconut Fiber would prove that no construction earlier than the 1700 ad would have been possible.
Coconut Trees were only introduced outside of Malaysia after 1550 ad and the Coconut Fiber was not possible for use until the latter part of 1600’s

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/nature-online/life/plants-fungi/seeds-of-
trade/page.dsml?section=regions&region_ID=8&page=spread&ref=coconut

Other items located on Oak Island support 18th century:
Boatswains Whistle
Wrought Iron ruler
Cornish Pick Axe

This all supports a time line of around 1750 ad and eliminates Vikings,Druids and Knight Templars as being possible builders.

Pirates would also have been unlikely to have constructed it on Oak Island.
It would have been an unnatural behavior for Pirates to go to this extreme and leave any sort of treasure for any length of time.
Oak Island is located 40 miles south of Halifax, Nova Scotia, in an enclosed Mahone Bay
From the 1600's on, Halifax was England's central location for its Royal Navy in the New World.
Mahone Bay would have been a one way trap for any Pirate going in or out with them being very conspicuous.

Oak Island in 1762 ad, was a fortunate and planned choice for the Freemasons, as It was far easier to conceal their
treasure in the New World with the help of the Royal Navy and the Masonic organization presently there.

Noted New world Free Masons:
Johnathan Belcher – Lieutenant Governor of Nova Scotia (1760 – 1763)
He was based in Halifax Nova Scotia and was in charge over the Royal Navy at what is Oak Island.
His father was Jonathan Belcher senior, first Free Mason of North America and the “Senior Free Mason of America”
John Mitchell – creator of the Mitchell map 1755 ad
He was stationed in Halifax and provided a very concise map showing the islands around Nova Scotia and what is today Oak Island.

The "true" builders of Oak Island Treasure Pit who had the motive, opportunity and the best ability were the Freemasons.

skumpa

Mar 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Dig-a-hole, but to further back up my hunch, look on Google Earth and in the lower. hand corner you will see and elevation number, that goes up and down with the land as you run your cursor over it. Go left and right over the area of what I call "Wellman's Canal" and you will see that it is almost all at sea level. Except for the area of about 150 ft. behind the house. It goes up to nine ft. Now unless this is a sewage field, what is it. Also, if you place the Tree of Life over that area (Nolan Cross), you will see that the Understanding Stone (5) and the Beauty Stone (6), line up. Now go from the Strength Stone(5) to the Head Stone(where the Nolan's Cross crosses. This right over the area behind the house (150ft.), the area that is almost 9 ft. high. I could be off a little, because I'm using GE, never have been there, and not knowing exactly where the markers are. But like people say, "Nothing like having boots on the ground."

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Dave, people do believe that the pit in Oak Island was a diversion. Of course it would have to be filled in - it wouldn't be a diversion any other way would it. It depends upon what was being hidden to begin with and the importance attached to it. It makes no difference if someone believes in this theory or not frankly. The bottom line is that the platforms and work in constructing the pit would have been necessary if a diversion was the main intent.

If so, you have to admit that this is an awfully elaborate deception - possibly one of the most elaborate in history. And again, look at the result? Over two centuries later, people are still digging holes all over the place.

As for the platforms, I'm not sure that they exist. Like most of the other "tangible" evidence, there's no trace of it. I'm not convinced that there ever was. It's probably just another part of the story that grew in the telling.

That's one mighty big ship! Did you follow the link to the National Geographic articles on Viking artefacts found on Baffin Island and in Labrador, as well as Native DNA found in four Icelandic families? There is the idea steadily emerging of a trade link between the Norse and at least the northern areas of Canada. Of course, there are the sceptics and academics who are arguing that this is just not possible 'cause nothing was written about it. But physical proof is forthcoming, which is putting knickers in a knot and changing the history books. If the Norse had, in fact, a steady relationship of trade, that changes things significantly in that contact becomes deeper and more lasting.

This depends on what you mean by a steady trading relationship. If anyone still believes that Europeans (particularly the Icelanders) weren't in Canada by circa 1000 AD, they haven't been doing their reading. How long this continued, and whether or not it eventually stopped, is far less certain. I for one find it hard to believe that they abandoned Greenland but continued operating in Canada, as the Greenland settlements would have been on the way. The available evidence suggests that sometime around the beginning of the 15th century, the Norse journeys to the New World dwindled to nearly nothing or stopped altogether, with other Europeans taking up the slack not long after.

This gap in recorded history might not be anything, just a break in the records for any number of reasons, but it bothers me all the same. I think that there might be a reason somewhere in the historical records but I haven't bothered to go looking for it yet.

Do you have a link about the native DNA, and can it be conclusively proven to predate a modern introduction? That's something that I'd certainly like to know more about. It seems plausible to me, but questionable, mostly because of what the Icelanders thought of, and how they treated, other people. (Consider their tradition of "seafaring," for instance, and what it implied.)

rush

Aug 24, 2009
Thank you Robot for the pic I wanted to compare them. This one I will try to draw a picture of the one that I held it had a dragon , snake and two woman on it was of stone with a ball in the end that was a rattle. It was like 21/2 "L 1"w 1/2"th at the end with the ball in it sloping down. I think this one was aztec. Domo ari gato Mr. Roboto .. could it be Welch? maybe?

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Other items located on Oak Island support 18th century: Boatswains Whistle Wrought Iron ruler Cornish Pick Axe

I've seen pictures of the whistle and the ruler before, but not the pickaxe. Where specifically were they recovered?

Your links are all broken. Do you have others?

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Dave,

I actually started with the link Walton Jones Jr. provided and ended up here (how I'm not so certain of!)

American Indian Sailed to Europe With Vikings?

My initial thoughts are that this DNA written about may be that of the Beothuks, a native peoples who were exterminated in Newfoundland - a mighty dark, dark period in history.

Of course, there are the "we have no written proof" folks who advocate that this DNA makes no sense and therefore it couldn't be what others say it is.

DNA is DNA however.

It is intriguing.....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread