History Channel - Oak Island mini series January 5, 2014

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I just saw during my lunch break that they are starting to run an Oak Island marathon. The new season cant be far behind right?
Evan Perry informed us of the new season coming soon!

Thanks for keeping this forum alive. I wanted to give a little follow up about the show:

The Curse of Oak Island has resumed filming as of early 2014ā€”the show was picked up for another season by the History Channel. Iā€™m not sure how many episodes will be broadcast for the second season, and I also donā€™t know when it will be televised. However, itā€™s a conservative guess that the next season will run from 8 to 13 episodes (based on my assuming the History Channel would want to expand the length of the season) and that it will be broadcast in the winter, as most of the filming and excavation/exploration work will take place in the summer of 2014.

I also want to say that the Laginas and those attached to the Oak Island excavation do not review the contents of this page; Marty, Craig and Shari were very nice to do the interview, but they are very busy will other, notably more pedestrian projects. I wouldn't recommend attempting to contact them.

I can say with certainty that the Laginas, Testers, and all involved with this project are motivated by discovery and transparencyā€”the very notion of their having a TV show evinces their willingness to share their results with the public. So speculate as you please; just be aware that their work is framed as a TV show, so of course certain information that one might expect to be obvious may be withheld for dramatic purposes. Those participating in this forum are likely to be the most interested in actively learning about Oak Island and its history, but the TV show is designed to appeal to a much wider audience. While I would love to personally discover more about the goings-on at Oak Island by speaking with the Laginas et al., I prefer to allow the show to speak for itself. Ultimately: In Rick I Trust.

Thanks,

Evan Perry

Cpn Kid

May 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oak island money pit

Apropriate name for a hole in the ground that so many people sunk money in!

It almost seems as if some joker built this pit for his amusement to watch silly people chase after imaginary treasure!

However since no one lives that long,(unless ghosts exists)I think we can eliminate that possibility..

Imo the money pit is just a decoy,a trap devised to make people search in a wrong spot.

After all why leave a hoist hanging from a tree and place a stone with mysterious writing,allegedly translated as "Forty feet below million pounds is burried"?

The builder wanted anyone accidentally stumbling onto this pit to dig right there..and find Nothing
Those few bits of metal found by drilling was just another bait sucking people deeper..
I'm amazed that after all these years no one realized they been wasting their time and money digging in the wrong place!!

If there is any treasure its not deep down as it would take way too long to dig up,not to mention shuting off those flood gates would be very difficult if not Impossible even if one knew where they are exactly..

The pit probably served only to dig tunnels from it into some other location,most likely higher up above water line level and not too deep underground so one could easily dig it up later and quickly depart..it's not in the swamp
as that would take way too long to drain
and let dry and dig
down into

Who did it and what treasure there may be is Irrelevant to speculate now unless someone can find a link to whoever made it,highly unlikely at this point in time..

some people suggested Spanish or English pirates so if anyone has relatives in those countries who's great grand grand grandparents were sailors or privateers someone might have left some kind of documents or map with info to this Oak Island in their possessions..
I have a feeling now that I mentioned it someone will most likely "find" just such map and claim its the one for this island.. LOL

But then anyone having such map would no doubt hide it very well,,old furniture and chests with hiden compartments would be my first choice to look for,,wink wink

Anytime people hide treasure or anything they leave some markers to be able to find it later..

On this island there are several stones marked with drilled holes so whoever surveyed these in the begining knows their location,may figure out which direction to go look..how far and how deep one has to dig is another question only the builder knows..

Six feet under somehow feels natural..
ļ¼ˆā‰§āˆ‡ā‰¦ļ¼‰

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
"Imo the money pit is just a decoy,a trap devised to make people search in a wrong spot."

Never has so few of words range so true! As I have said, they did everything but put a sign there saying, "Dig Here!". A lot of people believe that there is something there just because of the amount of work to create the "Pit". They didn't really do a lot at hiding the treasure as they did creating a diversion a way from the treasure.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
"The Road is Long with many a Winding Turn"

One of the best engineering reports written is by John Whitney Lewis with his notes of 1957.

http://www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk/archive/lewis.pdf
It corroborates with others that the Money Pit's depth was 171 feet.
Numerous drilled holes showed that the bedrock was located around the 230 foot level.

My theory is that Cornish Miners dug the pit down to bedrock and then built their spiral tunnel to the Treasure Vault at the 105 foot level
This was a spiral circular tunnel 3 feet 10 inches wide by 6 feet 4 inches high. It conforms with Cornish Tin Miner's specs whom I believe dug these tunnels.
They would pull the treasure on wooden sleds (one was found on Oak Island) behind them in a spiral low incline formation up to the Treasure Vault.

The stone inscription stated what one would find "2 million pounds 40 feet below in this shaft".
When it was translated as 2 million pounds what it really meant was 2 million pounds of metal

The Freemasons needed a location to dispose of all the metal canons, ballast, and parts from the scuttled Spanish Galleons, their buried patriots, and other evidence.

One must look North West of the Money Pit to find the final location of this spiral tunnel's destination!

Last edited:

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure there are plenty of artifacts in the swamp that will answer a lot of the questions in this post and put this hunt back on track.

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Oak Island has never really been on track, that's the problem. What ever they find in that swamp isn't going to get them any closer to that treasure. And if the "New Democrat Party" of Canada gets that bill passed then the digging will stop on Oak Island in two years. As they said it will preserve the "Legacy" and "Mystery" of the island, or more to the point they believe that it will preserve the tourism.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Freemason's Clue on Oak Island?

Oak Island - Heart Shaped Stone.jpg The Mirror of the Wisdom of the Rosy Cross.jpg

Did a Freemason carve this stone found on Oak Island to represent the Stone "Azoth" ( for Sir Francis Bacon's alternate name "Mercury") from "The Mirror of the Wisdom of the Rosy Cross"?

Mercury is the location of the Star " Gamma Cassiopeia" where I show the final location of the Treasure Vault on Oak Island

Dr. Meh

Oct 15, 2013
Simple "English" then Who?

Why is English in quotations and why is who capitalized?

If I had to guess, I'd say you found a heart-shaped rock. I'll be the first to admit I'm skeptical about alleged symbols and such.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

Dr. Meh

Oct 15, 2013
Again, it just looks like a heart-shaped rock to me. I'm sure others on here will agree with you but to me, it's just a rock.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Ink Blot.jpg
Again, it just looks like a heart-shaped rock to me. I'm sure others on here will agree with you but to me, it's just a rock.

Very good - Doctor!
Now does this look like Oak Island?

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
If that rock had been carved, there should be evidence of it. Was a detailed examination of the rock carried out and evidence of tool marks found, or is its nature taken on the basis of faith?

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
In Azoth - Rebis marks the spot - Sir Francis Bacon

If that rock had been carved, there should be evidence of it. Was a detailed examination of the rock carried out and evidence of tool marks found, or is its nature taken on the basis of faith?

Paul Lappin from https://www.facebook.com/RCandoakisland translated the symbols on the pendant to be Azoth
"There seems to be many . The fav is azoth , using the 3 letters from greek Latin and Hebrew , but people will have different opinions"
Like Ā· Reply Ā· May 12 at 5:12pm

This picture is of Azoth which I believe outlines the Constellation of Cassiopeia with Rebis marking the star Gamma Cassiopea.
One can coordinated on Oak Island the location of the Treasure Vault with the aid of a Mercury Trough, a set degree and this Star.

Blankenship documented the finding of this heart shaped stone that showed man made tooling marks and has a picture of it at:

Oak Island Treasure - the world's greatest treasure hunt - Dan Blankenship's collection of artifacts
CCF06052014_0000.jpg

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
" The stone measures approximately 10 inces wide and appears to have ben fashioned by human hand in places." Their description (and spelling errors), not mine.

I certainly hope that there's more than just that. That statement tells us nothing - not who verified it, not how it was made, and not where the tool marks (and what type of marks they are) appear. All of these things are extremely important.

This is yet another one of those "We think..." "It appears..." "It seems that..." pieces of non-evidence that certain people are wishing very hard to be otherwise. A better picture and/or a professional opinion would help, but you'll find little of either on the website that you linked to. There may or may not be a reason for this, but in the meantime I'll begin paying more attention to such "evidence" after they've had a few geologists and/or anthropologists look at it and taken a few closeup pictures of the worked parts in question with something slightly better than a ten-year-old cell phone.

Seriously, though...how can this be considered evidence after even the most casual scrutiny?

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, Treasure Hunters are not and were not Archaeologists!

" The stone measures approximately 10 inces wide and appears to have ben fashioned by human hand in places." Their description (and spelling errors), not mine.

I certainly hope that there's more than just that. That statement tells us nothing - not who verified it, not how it was made, and not where the tool marks (and what type of marks they are) appear. All of these things are extremely important.

This is yet another one of those "We think..." "It appears..." "It seems that..." pieces of non-evidence that certain people are wishing very hard to be otherwise. A better picture and/or a professional opinion would help, but you'll find little of either on the website that you linked to. There may or may not be a reason for this, but in the meantime I'll begin paying more attention to such "evidence" after they've had a few geologists and/or anthropologists look at it and taken a few closeup pictures of the worked parts in question with something slightly better than a ten-year-old cell phone.

Seriously, though...how can this be considered evidence after even the most casual scrutiny?

Like a Bull in a China Shop, many Treasure Hunters cast away items as having little worth or importance once they do not gleam of gold.

It is only later that researchers try to recover these missing links to help solve the puzzles and yes many jump to their own opinions with the evidence still in existence.

These so called evidences or ā€œrocksā€ coincidentally were not formed as footballs or hockey sticks but correspond with supporting the theories previously presented.

I agree that the evidence supplied should be taken with a ā€œgrain of saltā€, but with all this "salt" it is beginning to form a ā€œPillarā€.

Dr. Meh

Oct 15, 2013
Like a Bull in a China Shop, many Treasure Hunters cast away items as having little worth or importance once they do not gleam of gold.

It is only later that researchers try to recover these missing links to help solve the puzzles and yes many jump to their own opinions with the evidence still in existence.

These so called evidences or “rocks” coincidentally were not formed as footballs or hockey sticks but correspond with supporting the theories previously presented.

I agree that the evidence supplied should be taken with a “grain of salt”, but with all this "salt" it is beginning to form a “Pillar”.
People see what they want and try to make non-existent "clues" fit their theories. A whole pile or pillar of crap is still just a load of crap.

Not only is there zero evidence this rock was carved, it doesn't even look all that much like a heart. If this were manmade, carved, and meant as a clue, it would look like a perfect heart. There would be obvious signs of it being carved. Instead, it looks like a curved rock slightly resembling a heart or a bean. Come on, now.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Could the Pot Bellied Stove found on Oak Island support the Freemasons as builders?

PotbellyStove.jpg

A Pot Bellied Stove was found under the right stone of Nolan's Cross, a massive multi tonnage stone

The Pot Bellied Stove was invented by Benjamin Franklin in the 1750's

This would corroborate with the time line of 1762 when the Freemasons built the Money Pit.

Benjamin Franklin was the lead New World Mason, an associate with the British Freemasons and a Royal Society member

Associate Members with the construction of Oak Island
Washington Shirley, 5th Earl Ferrers ā€“ Vice Admiral - Grand Master of the Masonic Lodge ā€“ Premier Grand Lodge of England
George Anson, Baron Anson ā€“ Admiral of the Fleet
George Keppel, 3rd Earl of Albemarle - Commander-In-Chief
Augustus Keppel, 1st Viscount Keppel ā€“ Rear Admiral ā€“ Brother to George Keppel
William Keppel ā€“ Lieutenant-General ā€“ Brother to George Keppel
George Pocock ā€“ Admiral ā€“ Commander of the Invasion of Havana
and
Benjamin Franklin ā€“ First Grand Master of Pennsylvania who met in 1760 with the Grand Master of England to discuss their plan.

Talk about "Advertising Placement"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread