Hit my favorite campground again today

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
I spent about 4 hours at a campground that I've been hitting a couple times a week over the past few weeks now. I have found a silver quarter and/or dime there in each of the last 4 visits. Got one of each today.

Also found a medal that somebody got for hiking a historic trail over in the Berkeley, California area. Then I found an interesting coin - it gave me a real low tone on the Explorer II, and I was surprised to see a coin come out of the ground. Even more surprised to see it rusting. It is a 1960 Portugese coin.

Then I dug what I thought was a pocket watch until I got it home and started cleaning it up. It is a WWII era US Corp of Engineers compass. The needle of the compass totally corroded, but I think it is still very cool.

Aside from these notables, there were 4 wheaties from the 40's and 50's, and a handful of clad coins.

Here are the pics...

Attachments

• IMG_8866.jpg
    IMG_8866.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 782
  • IMG_8864.jpg
    IMG_8864.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 773
  • IMG_8869.jpg
    IMG_8869.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 763
  • IMG_8872.jpg
    IMG_8872.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 778
  • IMG_8865.jpg
    IMG_8865.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 754
Upvote 0
OP
OP
time4me

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
DD-777 said:
dannyfl said:
It is just me or does the "In God We Trust" on the quarter looks to be double printed?

look closely at the od w in "in god we trust"

Good eyes!!! I definitely see it now that you pointed it out. Looked in the "Red Book" but it only lists double-dies for the '34, '37, '42-d, and '42-s silver Washington's...

I wonder if they missed that one... :wink: Might be worth getting checked out T4M...

Nah, I just checked it under a 10x loop and I don't see any double die error. Must have been a trick of the lighting in the photo. Thanks for bringing it to my attention though!

Jim

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
time4me said:
DD-777 said:
dannyfl said:
It is just me or does the "In God We Trust" on the quarter looks to be double printed?

look closely at the od w in "in god we trust"

Good eyes!!! I definitely see it now that you pointed it out. Looked in the "Red Book" but it only lists double-dies for the '34, '37, '42-d, and '42-s silver Washington's...

I wonder if they missed that one... :wink: Might be worth getting checked out T4M...

Nah, I just checked it under a 10x loop and I don't see any double die error. Must have been a trick of the lighting in the photo. Thanks for bringing it to my attention though!

Jim

Oh well - here's to wishful thinking Jim... :occasion14: :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread