Hit my first Large Silver today.

• Thread starter michigan michael
  • Start date
M

michigan michael

I went to a school that was up for renovations. My first coin was a 1936 Wheat penny. I knew this was going to be a special day. :headbang: I ended up with 3 wheats a 36, 52 D, and a 45 D. I hit $7.21 in clad and a big Benji Half Dollar. This is my first large silver. The only others I have dug has been mercurys and roseys. I had to take a seat when this one came out. I never thought I would recover a silver halve. :headbang: Thanks for looking everyone. :hello2:

Attachments

• benji.jpg
    benji.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 781
  • benji2.jpg
    benji2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 781
Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

michigan michael

Thanks everyone. I agree with you Felix. I knew this was something other than a 50 cent piece that was ringing on the ace. I was just digging trash at that point. all I could say was "no way!" Still cant believe I dug one of those.

Matt, This site is a real limited time deal. I can only hunt it at after the construction crew leaves and on weekends. Some areas have already became off limits due to fresh grass seed planted. The ace has a little trouble locking down signals because it is solid clay. :dontknow: This site is pure hard work but, cant wait to get back out there. This sure is one strange hobby! lol

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
WTG, MM!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_king:

Old balding Ben is pretty homely in my opinion, but never more handsome than when he's in the hole you just dug!

He's not easy to find - nice work!!!

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: very nice wtg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread