Hit the lake near my house today in search of...........

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, anything that would set my MD off.
Neandered around the park aimlessly, after not hearing anything i wanted to hear at the boat launch area they had in the 70;s that i remember.
Wanted to find some earlier coins, maybe when they clean it up a little better over there.

I wandered down the beach, found a wuarter and a nickel, that was it.

Then i went up to where the people play frisbee and other sports and finally started hitting coinage, stayed for only an hour up there as the field was semi flooded and water logged.

I did manage a few coins though. See image.

883621_570877716265486_1230082659_o.jpg

Came home, went down to the park in my neighborhood, all the kids were out of the park (until they seen me), one young kid jumps the fence and runs over to watch. I found a penny and handed it to him. i went to find another loud tone of 80 plus and dug it, a dime this time, started bypassing the 70 tones and only digging 80 to 90 hits. got quite afew dimes after that. still dont know how many i forget, i just kept handing the kids the money.
Young kid ran home to show his dad then came back asking how much a detector would cost lol!

It was fun finding treasures with the kids, i think it was around $1.00 i found but the fun was worth more than that just seeing all the excitement the kids were having when the tine went REALLY high lol!

I didnt take any photos of those coins, sorry. Nothing was old. just common coins and current ones that are rusting.

THATS A DIME LETS DIG IT!!!!! LOL!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
phishisgroovin

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I guess the only bad part is now the neighbor kids know I am nice and not a crotchety mean biker dude that I look like.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread