Hit the old section of the Park with the Deus----it finds silver,and bling!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to a old section of the park that isn't used as much as the new sections are. Hoping to find some good stuff. I tried my new(est) coin shooting program, the ATM program!:laughing7: The first hit was the largest silver I have ever found,it was silver(ware) a butter knife!:laughing7: Then it was back to the normal clad coins,until I hit a little bling. It a little peace sign trinket. All in all the program is working out really well. I still dig a few square pull tabs,with the nickel signal,but the rest of the normal signals are coins! My super pooch Belle Belle was checking out the loot!:laughing7:
00133_zpsfd3013f0.jpg
102_2277_zps93d59e5a.jpg
102_2279_zps4f7951a6.jpg

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice haul! 8K? :icon_thumright:

I, like you, found the 8k to work really well for most of my hunting needs. Like you said, you get nice # separation. BTW, the tip on dialing in some disc really did help in making things run a little better (when I had the Deus lol).

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice haul! 8K? :icon_thumright:

I, like you, found the 8k to work really well for most of my hunting needs. Like you said, you get nice # separation. BTW, the tip on dialing in some disc really did help in making things run a little better (when I had the Deus lol).
Yeah,8 kHz, three Tones, Disc. 10 a real simple program! I also set the tone kHz lower,like 100--250---450 makes it a little easier on the ears!:laughing7:

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds! you're doing great with the Deus..Now if you just get Super Pooch to dig the coins for ya:laughing7:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As said another nice haul u can always count on the deus to bring home something Ive yet to come home without a handful of at least modern clad

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah,guy's it's a coin hound for sure!:thumbsup: It's just a matter of getting into the right area where the good stuff is now! Roy,I can't take her with me,as soon as I dig a hole, her nose is in the hole!:laughing7: Wanting to see what's in there? I ordered Andy's new book on the Deus,can't wait to get it! I'm finding that these programs can be made simple,or complicated,and have the same results for coinshooting! You could easily use 2 Tones for coin shooting,a low tone for nickels/jewlery,and a high tone for the rest of the coins. Just notch out the junk,leave the Discrim at 10 or lower,and go mow the coins out of the grass!:laughing7:

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As said another nice haul u can always count on the deus to bring home something Ive yet to come home without a handful of at least modern clad
Yeah,Christo!:thumbsup: I'm starting to get "real comfortable" with the Deus now. Our minds are starting to meet.:thumbsup: One thing I've noticed I was doing wrong from the beginning,was to jump from one program to another program!:BangHead: Ya need to run a program at least 5 times,to "iron" the wrinkles out of it,by making small adjustments at the site you are hunting. Before long things start coming together! Then save them,and the program is ready to hunt in the same conditions elsewhere!:thumbsup: I'm trying to like the 12kHz programs,but still digging a lot more trash with them. I think it's because the TID's/Tones are so close together,or I'm doing something wrong?:dontknow: I don't go any deeper with them,but I DO dig little tiny little pieces of canslaw deep with the 12 and up kHz programs! A piece of canslaw the size of a pencil eraser rings in loud and clear,like a dime/quarter at 9 inches!:BangHead:

Last edited:
OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds! you're doing great with the Deus..Now if you just get Super Pooch to dig the coins for ya:laughing7:
I'll tellya,the "Girls" will keep ya on yer toes! Belle Belle and Blondie are always into something!:laughing7:
AirBall_zpscacf1b04.jpg
AirBallHighJump_zps4d701654.jpg

Last edited:

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the dogs!

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the dogs!
Their my buddies!:thumbsup: They want to go anywhere I or the Wife goes! They are our spoiled kids! Since our children have grown up and left the nest!:laughing7:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats great nice shot u got of them in air,there isnt even the right words for a great dog or in ur case dogs in the family they do become a part of very quickly, u got some nice ones :)

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds and great look dogs!

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds & pups Is the knife sterling ?They sure scream when your'e detectors over them!!

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds & pups Is the knife sterling ?They sure scream when your'e detectors over them!!
I thought it was,but it's stainless steel! Your right about the screaming signal!:laughing7: I thought "silver dollar" when I heard it!:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions