Hit up my Favorite Placer and Motherlode Goldspot today.. Todays finds..

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
Hit up my Favorite Placer and Motherlode Goldspot today.. Today's finds..

Besides finding the strength to go on, despite overwhelming obstacles, despite the tragedy of loss and pain, and the irreversible effects of aging, TODAY, I found some nice specs of pure Georgia gold. ( plus rocks)

This river is great and has not only placer gold from upstream, but gold bearing rocks on the site. Plus Garnets.
Not only that, it's on public property, and less than an eigth mile hike from the parking lot to the river( very rough terrain).

Now, I must explain, but "gold bearing rocks" I mean quartzite mineralized crystaline gold..Let me Explain,
Long long ago, the riverbed sand was stacked up and compressed into sandstone. Then buried even further, this sandstone "metamorphs" into quartz...

VIOLA

Imagine why gold and quartz are related? guess what was in those ancient sandstone riverbeds( int he gold areas) .... you guess it.. placer gold. This placer gold is deposited in sandstone then under extremely high temperatures in the earths upper mantle, turns into liquid and then crystallises into quartz.. and of course gold.

This river also produced fine .2 to 4 carat Pyrope garnets from a Garnet Mica schist.

So, total finds were .1 a gram of gold... Worth like, $5.. but they are nice shapes, especially under my 10x.

SInce I started working two jobs, I haven't been able to pursue my hobby as much, and I also have lots of hobbies. So yeah... when you know where to find the gold, get to spend a day exploring new spots and bedrock sampling with quartz minerals to show and placer gold, it's a fine day.

Ohhh , that river.... I can describe it further since the aspect is deep in the land.. and loaded with stories.

Upvote 0

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
Re: Hit up my Favorite Placer and Motherlode Goldspot today.. Today's finds..

gold is gold my friend!!!

oh and welcome to Treasure Net!!! :hello2: :hello2: :hello:

OP
OP
FiresEye

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010

colorado14ers said:
gold is gold my friend!!!

Indeed, ever since I got into the identification and finding of specific mineral rocks in the area( fueled by my college geology classes), I have at some times given up on looking for gold at all, because the hunt for the motherlode gold( gold still in "rocks") is much more thrilling.

However, I pretty muche very time can find gold right away if that's what I choose.. and a days work of golding there can produce a nice little bit.
Plus there's plenty of unworked area, and a small group of hobbiest miners who all work the same area and know each other..

Gold is GOld!

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Go Fireseye!

Good luck brother...

I started prospecting last year, and was all over it during 2009 and the spring of 2010.

Then, work got short staffed, and I haven't been able to get out much...at all. Metal detecting is a bit easier too that making your way through the NB bush.

We did make it out recently though (my cousins and I) , in search of rare earths. We sampled a dozen different looking alkali granites in hopes of a good result. We should know in a few weeks...

Nice to see you're getting out and getting paid for it.

Lol all prospecting does for me is cost me money.

OP
OP
FiresEye

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010

GioTheGreek said:
Go Fireseye!

Good luck brother...

I started prospecting last year, and was all over it during 2009 and the spring of 2010.

Then, work got short staffed, and I haven't been able to get out much...at all. Metal detecting is a bit easier too that making your way through the NB bush.

We did make it out recently though (my cousins and I) , in search of rare earths. We sampled a dozen different looking alkali granites in hopes of a good result. We should know in a few weeks...

Nice to see you're getting out and getting paid for it.

Lol all prospecting does for me is cost me money.

Oh.. did I mention getting paid for it? Yeah.. about that, I don't get paid for it :)

If I ever did consolidate my findings and work all my fines etc, I probably could sell them.
But it's just like copper and silver.. I'm hoarding all the materials for now..

And yes, prospecting costs me lots of money, and there is a big unknown about the value of the outcome but it's at a loss.. at least at first, or until that lucky strike.

I tend to think what I'm gaining is the fun of adventure, knowledge, exercise and the great outdoors)

Plus, gold creeks are built on quartz and quartz is a high vibration rock:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread