hitin the ghost town today with the MXT

Okielawman23

Dec 28, 2004
I am going to the ghost town today, I got permishion to hunt several vacant lots where houses use to be, so I should do ok, you can still see some of the sidewalks and an old building that is in ruins now, lots of trash the last couple of days so nothing so far to jump up and down about. I keep hitting some old water lines or gas lines and they keep maxing out my detector so it has been kinda give and take the last 2 times I have been out there. there is an old school that burned down and lots of old store faces still there, so any ghost town advise would be great, I hunt an MXT and it is kinda noisey so any help with that would be great.

Thanks Chris....

Upvote 0

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
Sounds like a great place to hunt. When I am in trashy areas with my MXT, I turn my gain down. Don't be afraid to turn it down to a 6 or 7. I also turn my disc. up to a little over 5. You will miss some lower vdis but you wont have the constant beeps in your ear. I have also ground balanced my machine then set the switch to lock. I hope this helps and good luck.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have an MXT but If you turn down the sensitivity on some machines it will help.
Check the places that might have an outhouse or the back of the stores. Some times you simply have to dig the trash so you can get to the good stuff.
Take care when you go to Iraq. Good luck God bless.
Burdie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread