hitting gold???????????

haddamite

Tenderfoot
Jun 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well after years of planning figuring, mapping, pure thought or luck, i have access to area where i 'think', 'thought' or 'planned' on finding some gold. just happens the land i know the owner and ran into him at a gas station and he gave me permission to do whatever i want. so on my way home i stopped for 5 minutes and this is what i found so for some reason my planning seems to be coming together? probably helps everything is blasted and sorted in piles so i just grabbed this and some other rock samples.
IMG_0179_zps5282043e.jpg

IMG_0178_zpsdf330fb1.jpg

IMG_0176_zpsa0475691.jpg

the vein runs through the top to the back, all the way through. and there is a small nugget in a small void on the back side i couldnt get a pic of.

what do you think?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with Dave. If you wish to check it out further, try the testing I describe in my post above (Gold prospecting forum) labled [h=3]Determining amount of gold in gold/quartz nugget Sorry for the LOUD red type and bold. Don't know how to change it. TTC[/h]

rick57

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2013
Looks like pyrite and lead. I found some of that same matrix in some tailings this weekend. I wouldn't stop looking there. Gold, lead, silver and pyrite seem to follow these types of finds. See where the source is and definately grab more samples. Just my two cents... ;o)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions