Hiya Everyone!

Milly01

Jan 16, 2009
Hello everyone out there! ;D Just found this site and decided I would give it a try. I live in Athens tn, and my mom just got a new metal detector for christmas. Not hard to figure out who is going to be teaching her and helping her. LOL First I have to learn for myself though. I've been doing a little research though on possible places around where we could go, this area has a lot of history to it. If anyone has any tips or information could ya pls let me know?

MayberryMonte

Sep 12, 2008
Soddy Daisy, TN.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Welcome to TN. I live in Chatt. so I guess we're neighbors. Have her read the MD's instructions over and over. Read the different topics on this forum, and practice,practice,practice. The easiest thing to do is go to a playground and MD around the swings and other equipment. There's nearly always money or other goodies around and its a good place to learn your machine. Good luck.

ky.rebel

Mar 30, 2010
east Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Milly,just read your post,guess I'm slow.I live very close to you.I know its been awhile since your mom got her metal detector,but I'm sure shes still learning things about it.Just dont get discouraged and give up and put it in the closet.The more you practice the better you learn your detector and what it will do.You have probally already found a lot of great things.Try going to the city park near the depot in Niota.Its a pretty old park and I've found a lot of silver and wheat pennys there.The park is small but well worth the trip.Remember pick up your trash and fill in your holes.Lot of old houses in Athens,should be some great hunting there,if you can get permission.Good luck and I hope you bind a bunch of goodies. Fred

Old Fart in TN

Nov 27, 2005
Athens Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Welcome Milly, I live in Athens too but don't get out much anymore. It has been to hot for me. I do have the batteries charging right now and have been thinking about hitting a few spots in the morning. Maybe we will run in to each other at one of the parks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread