Hiya! - from the Isle of Thanet

SolomonKey

Jul 1, 2006
UK
Detector(s) used
GSM-19 Overhauser
Director1.png

Began posting just a short while ago. Great forum - informative and fun to read.

Done some archaeology and metal detecting, and combined the two. Behind me in the photo is a sandbank with a few hundred shipwrecks in it. The cannon was for keeping the French at bay.

TTYL :D

PS
Isle of Thanet: east Kent. The Artic to the north, the North Sea to the east, the English Channel to the south, and the Thames estuary runs west up to London.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome and I'm looking forward to your posts. Monty

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome S

Nice Pic

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
It's great to have you join us here at TNet, SolomonKey!

You're in a terrific area for detecting. Some years ago, I had a friend in Herne Bay who often searched Thanet sites, and he found some amazing things: Roman coins and artifacts, hammered silver, etc. ... even some Bronze Age items. I'm looking forward to seeing your finds, too!

Best regards,
PBK

OP
OP
S

SolomonKey

Jul 1, 2006
UK
Detector(s) used
GSM-19 Overhauser
PBK said:
It's great to have you join us here at TNet, SolomonKey!

You're in a terrific area for detecting. Some years ago, I had a friend in Herne Bay who often searched Thanet sites, and he found some amazing things: Roman coins and artifacts, hammered silver, etc. ... even some Bronze Age items. I'm looking forward to seeing your finds, too!

Best regards,
PBK
Everyone's waltzed through here - the Romans, Horst and Hengist, the Vikings, even the French in 1216 - and left their spare change. I sure will post some pix, PBK!

little_helper.jpg

And here's my 'little helper' when I'm down on the beach: Alice aged 3.

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Solomon,
Two great photos. I have to say that you have one cute treasure hunting partner there! Now, get busy and show us some finds from your sweet spot there. By the way, this is the best site on the web. There are some of the most knowledgable and helpful folks here. And then you have me and CappyZ on the other end of the spectrum!

Jim Johnson
grizzly bare

OP
OP
S

SolomonKey

Jul 1, 2006
UK
Detector(s) used
GSM-19 Overhauser
Thanks, grizzly 8)

Our site is all of 4 days old. It's a start, though.

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Soloman, I'm so glad you can join us. It seems like you have a good sense of humor....Good....you're gonna need it on here! ;)

Good luck with the beach hunting. I can't wait to see your finds! :)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hiya SK,

Welcome to T-Net. Great pic of you & Alice "Little Helper" is a doll. Interesting website you have too. Looking forward to your posts & pics.

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread