Hoarder House Pics.

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
The Army footlocker has a weird smell that i'm trying to get rid of with cotton balls and vanilla extract, we'll see.

I've had good luck removing cigarette smell with scented bounce sheets. Sounds weird, but it worked.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've had good luck removing cigarette smell with scented bounce sheets. Sounds weird, but it worked.
Not weird at all. I have heard of this being done many times.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
My Mother in Law just lost her best friend. I've been invited in to look around and give advice. Most certainly NOT a horder's place. They have reserved a dumpster for today, and I've told them NO WAY!. There is hardly any junk in this house. TONS of good books. Some are Amazon quality ($50 or more) Many will fill the local second hand books store (and secure a nice supply of reading material for my daughter who reads about 200 pages a day). Some nice dinnerware and other ceramics. Several old doll houses. A dozen dolls (from barbie poland to some 18 inch tall ceramic head collectibles). They only junk will fill 3 or 4 trash bags. I told my MIL that I would buy the house as is, or after the family takes what they want. I could probably drop $1000 on this house and make out like a bandit! I would pay more if they let me have her computer (2011 or 2012 Mac). Too much nice stuff.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More hoarder house saves from today. Spent $50 on this lot. Includes Rca Studio II video game, a Thirst Extinguisher cocktail shaker/dispenser w/music box, 2 vintage Fedora hats from London, a coke bottle from Japan(full), a Panetta bracelet, a box of Tyco slot car track and stuff, a box of postcards and stamps, a Jamup and Honey Blackface (racist) fan, one brass spur, a ww2 era belt, a stack of vintage smut books as well as a photo album full of vintage nude polaroids (sorry but sex sells), a few vintage carnival pieces too, 3 silver quarters and 2 merc. dimes and a wheat, plus a silver spoon (bowl only), an Arco squirting bug (how could I resist) from the early 80's, and a few other misc. items.

DSC03084.jpg DSC03086.jpg DSC03085.jpg DSC03087.jpg DSC03088.jpg

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen many of those stamps, but I've never seen the book.

Are your stamps hinged too? All mint? Make sure that humidity hasn't caused the glue to stick to the paper, and if they have, make sure you note that in the listing.

Nice find!!!!!
They are identical to the ones in the listing, maybe a little better condition, I see a couple stains on the ebay one. They are all attached to their appropriate spot with rice paper in between each page. I'm not a stamp collector, so i'll be sure to let the photos do the talking when I list them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread