Holy crap it is cold outside... And I am in Florida... sheesh. How cold are you ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
29 degrees with a fresh drop of 6" snow...heading below 0 tonight and for the next couple days...."just when you think you're out, they pull you back in"

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Single digits, with 20 mph wind...not fun!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Winter Storm Warning

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE STATE COLLEGE PA 257 PM EST SAT JAN 31 2015 ...WINTER STORM TO AFFECT ALL OF CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA SUNDAY INTO MONDAY... PAZ017>019-049>053-058-010800- /O.UPG.KCTP.WS.A.0002.150201T1700Z-150202T1700Z/ /O.NEW.KCTP.WS.W.0002.150201T1400Z-150202T1800Z/ CLEARFIELD-NORTHERN CENTRE-SOUTHERN CENTRE-UNION-SNYDER-MONTOUR- NORTHUMBERLAND-COLUMBIA-SCHUYLKILL- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...DUBOIS...CLEARFIELD...PHILIPSBURG... STATE COLLEGE...LEWISBURG...SELINSGROVE...DANVILLE...SUNBURY... SHAMOKIN...BLOOMSBURG...BERWICK...POTTSVILLE 257 PM EST SAT JAN 31 2015 ...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM SUNDAY TO 1 PM EST MONDAY... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STATE COLLEGE HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR SNOW AND MIXED PRECIPITATION...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM SUNDAY TO 1 PM EST MONDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT. * LOCATIONS...THE CENTRAL MOUNTAINS AND MIDDLE SUSQUEHANNA VALLEY. * HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY SNOW FOLLOWED BY SOME FREEZING RAIN. * SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...6 TO 8 INCHES. * ICE ACCUMULATIONS...LESS THAN A TENTH OF AN INCH. * TIMING...SNOW WILL BEGIN SUNDAY MORNING AND CONTINUE INTO SUNDAY NIGHT. THE SNOW WILL TURN TO FREEZING RAIN AND THEN BRIEFLY TO RAIN EARLY MONDAY MORNING. IT SHOULD GO BACK TO SNOW BY NOON MONDAY AS IT TAPERS TO SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS. * PERIOD OF HEAVIEST SNOW...SUNDAY EVENING AND EARLY SUNDAY NIGHT. * IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS TRAVEL DUE TO SNOW COVERED ROADS. A COATING OF ICE WILL THEN MAY SIDEWALKS AND UNTREATED SURFACES SLIPPERY. * WINDS...LIGHT AND VARIABLE. BECOMING NORTH TO NORTHWEST AND INCREASING TO AROUND 10 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS ON MONDAY.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sheeeeeeeeesh...
no wonder you computer isn't working right...
Tis frozen.
Don't have to worry about that "overheating" prob yet maybe.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, Jeff, I was gonna say, with that hard drive crashing, or trying to,
Hope you stocked up on some beans and bunson burners!
Can you say "hobo stove"?
Ya'll stay safe and stay checked in with your neighbors, family, elderly....... pls.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man on the way home cruising in the Mazda convertible I spot a Red 2010 Mazda MX5 automatic for sale in a private lot, it only has 6000 miles and he only wants $12,000.....What a deal. Tried to talk the wife into it but she isn't interested...

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6,000 miles is like brand new still.
Garage kept ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6,000 miles is like brand new still.
Garage kept ?
It looks like it but didn't ask owner as he wasn't on site, he owns tire shop and car was in lot next to it. I talked to him on the phone only. Was hoping the wife would want it as it looks really nice and 6000 Miles is nothing. It is less than half the price of a new one...

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed...
Whats the book value on it ?
I could look it up but I am hoping you already have...
So I do not have 2... tis fully chilled watching scary movie with my girl...
She is too scared to go into kitchen and make ice cream now,,, heh

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed...
Whats the book value on it ?
I could look it up but I am hoping you already have...
So I do not have 2... tis fully chilled watching scary movie with my girl...
She is too scared to go into kitchen and make ice cream now,,, heh
Haven't looked it up, I know it us under book..... What you watching?

I'm at winghouse waiting for the Diaz vs Silva ufc fight.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The apparition... tis ok...
So far today have watched few movies...
and a couple that we started and shut off...

Here is a list along with brief review...
#1. 28 WEEKS later... - as good as the first one... which is rare, must see both they are great... seen both of them a few times.
#2. Return to house on haunted hill - LAME - shut off... 1 was better
#3. Wrong turn 2 - SAME lame. shut off
#4. Black Death - GREAT ... loved it - based on 14th century plague etc.. killer... well done... must see it... put on my shelf to watch again another day.
#5. Apparition - not bad.. typical grudge type movie... but cool to watch... entertaining.

I have a stack... will add more to post as watched through tomorrow.... hmm maybe post titles to see...what people here think before I watch em...
Oh also have Devils rejects... seen it... great movie.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Movies over... just clicked over to public broadcast of some Widespread Panic jamming...
Saw those guys once or twice years ago... they rock.
They have aged a bit since I saw em... Jimmy Herring is playing with em...
Partied with that guy a few times while up visiting Ashville N.C....
At a little Club called "be here now"... hippie bar.. hippie town.
Cool place to visit... very artistic.

Last edited:

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So all week long, my wife is all bubbly and in a good mood because we are having the two grandkids over this weekend. She drags me out to buy them good snacks, and drinks, and a pair of boogie-board-type sleds so that we can take them sledding.

We always took the kids to one of the hills on the golf course, which is just a couple miles up the road from us. So when we get there, we see a big sign that says no sledding. We always took our own kids there! Oh well, new owners, and times change. We shake it off and finally find a place for us to get out of the car and do some sliding, and MAN was it c-c-cold! The little guy started crying when the wind hit his face. I almost did too. We sucked it up and got a few runs and them I said timeout - lets go get some hot chocolate and everyone was down for that pretty good. Mother Nature just isn't very nice to us Northerners right now. Glad I don't live in Canada or someplace that really cold. The 10F degrees with the 30 knot winds were bad enough!

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So all week long, my wife is all bubbly and in a good mood because we are having the two grandkids over this weekend. She drags me out to buy them good snacks, and drinks, and a pair of boogie-board-type sleds so that we can take them sledding.

We always took the kids to one of the hills on the golf course, which is just a couple miles up the road from us. So when we get there, we see a big sign that says no sledding. We always took our own kids there! Oh well, new owners, and times change. We shake it off and finally find a place for us to get out of the car and do some sliding, and MAN was it c-c-cold! The little guy started crying when the wind hit his face. I almost did too. We sucked it up and got a few runs and them I said timeout - lets go get some hot chocolate and everyone was down for that pretty good. Mother Nature just isn't very nice to us Northerners right now. Glad I don't live in Canada or someplace that really cold. The 10F degrees with the 30 knot winds were bad enough!

Higgy...
I have ALWAYS wanted to MD a golf course :)
They would be PISSED.
Would never do sucha thing but... hey I see lush expanse of low cut grass .... and I just drool at the thought of what is under it.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Higgy...
I have ALWAYS wanted to MD a golf course :)
They would be PISSED.
Would never do sucha thing but... hey I see lush expanse of low cut grass .... and I just drool at the thought of what is under it.

Just tell them you felt the place needed more & larger Holes to Improve your Score :thumbsup:

My guess though people who Frequent Golf Courses the most
Have their pennies Firmly Squirreled away in places the sun never shined

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff.. heh
My thinking is of not the "pennies" and gold rings etc.
I have noticed a common thing.... call it "coincidence" but I have noticed this since I was very young...
The 2 best places on a map to search with a detector on land BACK THEN...
are NOW...
#1. Parks... and the better/ more historical the land/the park the more the restrictions.
#2. Golf Courses... seems like the $$$ people always bought the next best pieces of land.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff.. heh
My thinkning is of not the "pennies" and gold rings etc.
I have noticed a common thing.... call it "coincidence" but I have noticed this since I was very young...
The 2 best places on a map to search with a detector on land BACK THEN...
are NOW...
#1. Parks... and the better/ more historical the land/the park the more the restrictions.
#2. Golf Courses... seems like the $$$ people always bought the next best pieces of land.

Very True.

When I think of Golf courses I think of immaculate Clean Grass Fields where even a cigarette
butt will make them wish there was a death penalty attached :laughing7:

& I also forget Hidden Valley Golf course near me, for one is on some nice historical Land.
another had a block house on or near it.

1.jpg

what's underneath may surprise us

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There was a old course now a large urban park in Toronto, finds were slim as it's so spread out. Some spots were a little more populated for finds but still there was long periods of nothing.

Cold these past few days again -28C yesterday when we got up and a high of -12c then throw a little windchill in the mix and that's it. Another foot of snow these past few days and it looks like the minus temps are here for another two weeks without any real signs of a + anywhere in sight.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In fact... with no further info...
I know of a golf course/location here in Fl... that I would bet holds... not one but up to 13 chests of valuables.
I have narrowed it down from years of research.
Have even walked over the suspected area(s)...
I thought of approaching owner years ago... he so damn loaded... he has 500 million + co. and is rarely in FL from what I understand.
Odds are... if I ask to backhoe his course... he would have me "removed" heh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread