Holy crap it is cold outside... And I am in Florida... sheesh. How cold are you ?

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol! I would rent a uhaul and go get a couple tons! I am going to buy another ton this weekend and that will put me at five ton this season. But I'm heating 2500 square feet. Saving me thousands of dollars every year!
Here is a pic of my temp readout this morning...
14544cb571e196eb412f3fbeb06d238a.jpg

Sent from a empty soda can!

Damn right.... I'm trying to build up a "nest egg" of $5,000 grand to fund my TOY BOX endeavor completely. I'm well more than half way there and then I'll buy AGAIN by the ton. My late father and I bought 3 tons years ago and I've used this stock till this past Monday. I'm trying to stay out of my pension check budget. I just thought when I ran out I'd go get some more at my local TSC... NOT!!!! No stock in my area or North of me. Had to go 70-80 miles South to find 35 bags left. I took 25 bags back in my little Colbalt.... WHAT A RIDE BACK!!!!! Not for the faint hearted. Made it back and unloaded. But I'll buy a couple of tons again next Aug. when the new shipments arrive again.

I LOVE MY PELLET STOVE..... I only heat a 1,200 sq. ft. building and it does a GREAT job. This stove I use is now 20 years old and still operates flawlessly. Does a great job. I have a brand new (larger) one still on a pallet, stored I bought 9 years ago. At todays prices of $5.50 p/40lb./bag and I use 1/2 bag p/day it is really cheap to use. But my building is totally insulated 100% around.

Desertphile

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This morning here at high elevation in northern New Mexico is was above freezing, and the rivers are not frozen. Rio Chama used to freeze every winter, since before the Spanish came, but it has not done so for over 25 years. Rio Gallina used to freeze every year but this year it's roaring and free of ice. Meanwhile, Alaska is in the meddle of what, for Alaska's winter, can be called "a heat wave." The Jet Stream will continue to slow and elongate as Arctic ice fails to be restored; North America will have to get used to the new normal, and humans will have to adapt.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea I have to go get some rock salt this morning yet.

I stepped out back to scrape my dinner plate leftovers off for the birds last night .
when I turned around to walk back in the house, I stepped on the ice wrong.
plate went in the air as I contorted in all types of positions trying not to break Me again.
I sprained my right leg, right arm, left upper arm as I hit the concrete on my Back
with my right leg behind and under me :(

first thing I thought about was did I break My Left ankle again :o

luckily the plate got the worst of it

View attachment 1105907

Damn Jeff... sheesh... hope you are alright.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had top down on the convertible today, cruising around in shorts and T-shirt listening to classic rock.....Life is good....

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had top down on the convertible today, cruising around in shorts and T-shirt listening to classic rock.....Life is good....

Classic rock... aka real music.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Damn right.... I'm trying to build up a "nest egg" of $5,000 grand to fund my TOY BOX endeavor completely. I'm well more than half way there and then I'll buy AGAIN by the ton. My late father and I bought 3 tons years ago and I've used this stock till this past Monday. I'm trying to stay out of my pension check budget. I just thought when I ran out I'd go get some more at my local TSC... NOT!!!! No stock in my area or North of me. Had to go 70-80 miles South to find 35 bags left. I took 25 bags back in my little Colbalt.... WHAT A RIDE BACK!!!!! Not for the faint hearted. Made it back and unloaded. But I'll buy a couple of tons again next Aug. when the new shipments arrive again.

I LOVE MY PELLET STOVE..... I only heat a 1,200 sq. ft. building and it does a GREAT job. This stove I use is now 20 years old and still operates flawlessly. Does a great job. I have a brand new (larger) one still on a pallet, stored I bought 9 years ago. At todays prices of $5.50 p/40lb./bag and I use 1/2 bag p/day it is really cheap to use. But my building is totally insulated 100% around.

That's a massive amount of weight in a cobalt! So far this year the highest I paid for a ton is $198.00 I use a pellet furnace as well as a smaller pellet stove. Cheapest heat around. I keep hoping global warming is real but so far I've been let down...I hate the cold! Lol

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel for you guys. 9:02 PST 50 degrees here. Sorry.:laughing7:
Stay warm!!

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
it was 45 here in Albuquerque, but with the wind blowing it felt like 40, somebody said it snowed but I didn't see any, guess I slept too long

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a massive amount of weight in a cobalt! So far this year the highest I paid for a ton is $198.00 I use a pellet furnace as well as a smaller pellet stove. Cheapest heat around. I keep hoping global warming is real but so far I've been let down...I hate the cold! Lol

Yes it was... went slow and made it back fine. But the car did get a workout. Front floorboard, front seat, back floorboard, back seat and five in the trunk. I did keep tank on near empty though. In fact light and warning came on 15 miles from home. I could get a few tons just didn't want to drive the 3/4 ton truck that far. I now have enough to last till spring easily. I just hope the price stays around $4.00 p/bag by the ton next year.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yes it was... went slow and made it back fine. But the car did get a workout. Front floorboard, front seat, back floorboard, back seat and five in the trunk. I did keep tank on near empty though. In fact light and warning came on 15 miles from home. I could get a few tons just didn't want to drive the 3/4 ton truck that far. I now have enough to last till spring easily. I just hope the price stays around $4.00 p/bag by the ton next year.

Here is a video for you. Glad you made it ok.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You had to just rub it in, Marty. LOL! It's 43 outside & I just finished putting out hay for the cattle, it's sure cold riding the ATV to the farm & getting on the tractor riding across the pasture...not just 1 time 6 times putting out the rolls of hay. If it wasn't drizzling & the sun was shining bright, things would be so much better. Weatherman says sunny day for Friday...I can't wait to see the sun. I'm starting to feel like a mole, or is it a vole? LOL!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thursday 7:00 PM
53.1 °F
Feels Like 53.1 °F
Overcast
Pressure 30.12 in
Visibility 7.0 miles
Clouds Mostly Cloudy 900 ft
Overcast 9000 ft
Wind Variable
Gusts 3.0 mph
Dew Point 52 °F
Humidity 95%
Rainfall 0.03 in
Snow Depth Not available.
UV 0 out of 12
Pollen 8.90 out of 12
Air Quality Not available.
Flu Activity Not available.
METAR KTPA 152353Z 01006KT 7SM

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Overcast
53.7 °F
Feels Like 53.7 °F
N 2.0
Wind from NNW
Gusts 6.0 mph

Today is forecast to be Warmer than yesterday.
Today
High 61 | Low 43 °F
20% Chance of Precip.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Overcast
56.9 °F
Feels Like 56.9 °F
N
Wind Variable
Gusts 0.0 mph

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
75/56 today, 72/45 tomorrow in Orlando.... I was cruising around in convertible with too down in shorts and T-shirt...

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison

The Constitution of the United States of America

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions