Holy Guacamole Se Habla Espanol !!!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Just when I thought I couldn't have a hunt to top the 1857 Flying Eagle first along with the crazy 14K diamond ring in the ripped in half zip lock bag find, well. The finds are from my last two excursions into this ploughed field. I'll get right to the MEAT of the discoveries. I worked my way deeper into the field and I get a very nice repeatable signal around 78. I am thinking a penny. I dig this thin "silver" thing folded over 90 degrees clean in half. Hmmm?:dontknow: I could barely make out a few letters but had no clue what it was.

Having a pouch full of iron that needed emptied I made it back to the CV. I figured I'd grab the 10X loupe to get a closer look at my mystery silver find. Sure enough, 1784 Carolus III Spanish Flipping SILVER!:o:headbang: I was planning on going back into the field but, said to myself, that's enough buddy. I believe this is a 20 mm one reale coin. Not much for details as it's well worn and bent over pretty good. BUT HEY, I made it into the 1700's Club along with my FIRST Spanish Silver EVER! What a crazy weekend this has been. I must give ya'll some credit for stoking my boiler to continue on even in the cold. Witnessing other T-netters out there freezing their buttocks off getting a few more keepers has challenged me to keep after it as well.

I got some other really cool old relics to go along with my 1784 reale but, I am too drained to give descriptions so just enjoy the pictures. Ya'll be blessed as I know I am for certain. Thanks again for all your encouragement and stopping by to support my efforts here on T-net. Kurios1

1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 001.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 005.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 006.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 007.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 008.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 009.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 019.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 013.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 015.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 023.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 024.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 016.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 017.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 018.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 021.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 022.JPG

Upvote 48

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Spanish silver! And hey, what's that bent thing with the cogs at the end? I found one also, only mine's not bent.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[SUP][/SUP]
Congrats on the Spanish silver! And hey, what's that bent thing with the cogs at the end? I found one also, only mine's not bent.

I believe you are referring to my last picture. That would be an old oil lamp wick adjusting handle thingy. Mine has a date of 1865 on it I believe. Pretty cool old relic. I actually found one earlier this year that had an Indian Head Cent as a replacement "wheel" for the original that must have got lost or broken. Love this sport and the super cool things we find. Cheers!:headbang:

Kenny Hunt Indian On Lamp 018.JPG Kenny Hunt Indian On Lamp 014.JPG Kenny Hunt Indian On Lamp 011.JPG

Last edited:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

PA Sleuth

Nov 26, 2014
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E Trac, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_2652.JPG
My first Spanish Silver was bent in two different directions. I feel your joy /pain.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1529530
My first Spanish Silver was bent in two different directions. I feel your joy /pain.

He hee! It's JOY for certain. Every detail from our recoveries adds to their "character" and story. Finding a doubled over, bent, holed, scribed, etc. coin tells a story of what may have been intended for a coin or relic. Some times they get lost before the owner completes their intensions. Some times we just have to speculate what the heck their intentions were? Either way the peculiar "damage" to a find that isn't really that valuable often increases it's "appeal" for me personally. Take for instance that Indian Head Cent converted to an oil lamp wheel in my post above in this thread. How often do you see someone create a useful item from an old copper cent? Exactly! Not very often and I really dig my old oil lamp Indian Head Cent relic find. So your bent reale may have it's own story. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Christmas mate!:hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread