Holy Shiznit!!! It is my first!!!!!

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
Well i listened to the success everyone was having hunting parks...Soooooo....I decided to head up to Albany to Washington park.....We were only there 20 minutes when i got a nice +93 on my XLT....I did not expect it to be a real signal....I was expecting a tin can!!! Well 3.5 inches down i found this Highly worn 1922 S Peace dollar....My first EVER silver dollar!!! We scoured that area for another hour or so and only pulled 1 penny....sigh....So we hit the school where Nickel_buff1935 found his Merc and rosey in the same hole....He asked me to swing around that area and see what i got....Well after 3 or so minutes i hit a nice signal at 2 inches....I said...Well here is my silver....Just joking with him.....And wouldnt ya know out pops this Stunning 1964 Rosey covered with mint luster. I know it is not a valuable but silver none the less!!!!

4qhrmnn.jpg

4lo9085.jpg

6hgm7wn.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
outraged

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys....I am thrilled to have found this coin.....and i am shocked that i found it where i did......That park has been hit a whole lot of times......I hope everyone finds a chunk of silver or 2 this weekend!!! HH

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver Dollar and Dime! Maybe someone carried it as a good luck charm, guess their luck ran out as you found it, LOL! HH, Mike

Bertman

Apr 13, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Minelab E-Trac
WTG outraged!!! I've only found one SD in the 23 years I've been at this hobbie and it also is a 1922... May your search coil pass over at least a few more...

HH Robert

Nickel_Buff1935

Jun 1, 2007
NY
Detector(s) used
MINELAB X-Terra 50 & WHITE'S MXT
Bavaria Mike said:
Congrats on the silver Dollar and Dime! Maybe someone carried it as a good luck charm, guess their luck ran out as you found it, LOL! HH, Mike

We discussed the same senerio right after he dug it up!

I was very jealous of his find!

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
That's one of the most beautiful coin designs ever! Even worn.

Congratulations!

Ridley

R

RUDY2003

Great silver dollar recovery!
It has been well used...

Keep safe...

Mitch1FL

Oct 6, 2004
Sebastian, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI1500/AT-Pro/Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really worn but REALLY nice !! Still looking for my first silver dollar !!! Congradulations !!! ;D

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Washington Park gave us the goods around the old bandstand. Charles and Butch have probably cleaned it out by now but you never know.

Ever hit Lincoln Park? That is another good one.

Bob

OP
OP
outraged

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Mirage said:
Washington Park gave us the goods around the old bandstand. Charles and Butch have probably cleaned it out by now but you never know.

Ever hit Lincoln Park? That is another good one.

Bob
Who are Charles and butch? I have not hit Lincoln park....That is in Schenectady right?

Charles (Upstate NY)

Jun 5, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer
Good lord is that silver coin big enough? Very nice! Every now and then you dig a big silver shallow at that park. I dug a walking half that wasn't 2 inches down and IH's 10 feet away that were 8 go figure. Ahem, cough, ahem, most days if a target was not at least 5-6 inches deep I kept walking so there are apt to be ample amounts of shallower old coins to find. Ed dug a bust half dime at 3 inches there.

rickyinms

Jun 23, 2007
east central Ms
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
great finds. i have been averaging about thirty clad a day the past three days and i would trade all that for just one worn out silver half or dollar. way to go.

OP
OP
outraged

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Charles (Upstate NY) said:
Good lord is that silver coin big enough? Very nice! Every now and then you dig a big silver shallow at that park. I dug a walking half that wasn't 2 inches down and IH's 10 feet away that were 8 go figure. Ahem, cough, ahem, most days if a target was not at least 5-6 inches deep I kept walking so there are apt to be ample amounts of shallower old coins to find. Ed dug a bust half dime at 3 inches there.

I think i will be spending more time at this park.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread