Holy Submersible Batman (Nome)

SLNugget

Sep 25, 2013
Morristown, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I tried chrome to view the site and pics, I could view the post but for the pics I get that message also. I use explorer for my browsing and am logged in that site with explorer but not chrome. So I guess they don't want you to view the pics unless your signed up.

It is really nothing to be overly concerned about. No one is likely to care one way or the other.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You have to understand the very idea of the copyright laws first to understand where they r applied . They first r for published work weather it's books art work movies ect .
Without publication you have no protection from these laws ! You can't just take a picture and call it copyright protected second when it's posted on a public forum board you just gave it to everybody who looks at that board .. While they may not have the rights to sell it they certainly have the right to share it publicly in another forum board ...

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK, if you say so. Lets agree to disagree and leave it at that
Just do a search on if your personal picture are copy right protected read all the way thru the web page from our gov and you'll see what they say ..
There's no need to give up here if you find what I'm saying is wrong list it and I'll bow out gracefully .. ;)

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Check out. Socialmediaexaminer.com there's a article for just about what we are dealing with here I'd post it but I can't thru this app

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
But any how the machine looks awesome how it works I don't know but it does look like some incredible craftsmanship..
Hope we get to see it in action at some pointe ... Don't mind john he's just jellous I'd bet he would climb in the seat in a heartbeat! Specially if no on was looking ...lol

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I took exception to this statement . It is simply not right. Everything posted on the web is not fair game.
It's not my ruling so don't let me offend ya but a public form is just that it's public ! Look at the links I posted and you will see where I'm coming from .. You may not feel its right but when people post things on the web it is what it is ! Now if you had done a news cast or something published it would be totally different according to copy right laws ! I personally don't understand what would upset you about someone reposting and admiring your equipment . It's not like he was selling pictures of it or anything ? Or claiming it was his So what's the problem with him posting it? Any how what I was referring to was the fair use act and when you post something in public . It then gives the public certain rights to use it in talking with there friends !

Last edited:

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I took exception to this statement . It is simply not right. Everything posted on the web is not fair game.
Let me refrase that for ya when you post something in public it's fair game if that offends ya then don't post it in the public ...
Posting to a public forum is the same as posting it in public .. It's offensive to me for someone to post something and then get pissed when someone looks at it !

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
I agree with G1. If you record the Super Bowl and watch it with some buddies your ok. If you play it and charge admission your not. No losses or revenue, no problem. IMO.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
WOW! are you saying that i cant charge all those people i just invited over for the Super Bowl game? ive got over $5.00 invested in chips and paper cups so they can get a drink of water!:)

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
WOW! are you saying that i cant charge all those people i just invited over for the Super Bowl game? ive got over $5.00 invested in chips and paper cups so they can get a drink of water!:)
oh you can invite them just don't let them look at any thing you have out in the open ...

mineralized_miner

Dec 2, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster GT
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's hoe it doesn't break on him, I'm sure he paid a lot of money for it, and if he's underwater, he could be in some serious trouble. I wonder how much gold he'd have to find to break even...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread