Home made over/under working great now!

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Figured I would update everyone on my build...It's working perfect now! Turns out my whole problem with it not clearing was sluice angle. I had a piece of 3/4" tubing sitting under the sluice when I made my initial measurements and came up with 3.5" drop, when in reality with was 2.75 :BangHead: God after all these years I guess I cant read a tape measure and remember doing things...maybe oldtimers disease! LOL Compounding the problem, one of my pontoons had a hole and after some time in the water the dredge started titling backwards. So I prolly ended up with 1" of slope! Now with things working like they are supposed too I'm averaging about 1/2 gram a hour with hopes of that number picking up once I'm able to see the rocks I need to avoid so I don't have plug ups.

I'm going up for the weekend as next week I'm going to be seeing several doctors about my thyroid cancer, not sure when I'll be able to go again and hopefully getting a treatment plan and a surgery date! Sorry no pics or vids. I can take a few pics tomorrow if anybody wants them.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out. Oh I put the vortex mat in my lower sluice level with some veranda carper...about a 75-25% mix and the 3/4 expanded over the top and my under section is catching tons of black sand and gold,

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take care a yourself and lotza luck with that :censored: cancer-been there and doing that twice a year,no bfd just another speed bumb in life-keep suckn' that gravel and when all is done it don't mean squat-John

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Thyroid cancer is beatable. My sister did as well as many others. Good luck and good hunting.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
prizes mo'better-John

Attachments

• 100_0661.JPG
    100_0661.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 120

Top Member Reactions