Homemade Ice Cream, crank or electric? Well I now have both!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We have still been busy sorting out the two car garage of my parent's "stuff". Mostly trash and junk but a few great finds including old relics etc. High on a shelf and in boxes were two ice cream makers, one was the old crank and the other was a newer but old electric. Also were several packages of rock salt for making the ice cream. So, I have had lots of experience at the old cranking thing but I am no longer into the hand cranking thing. So, I had to plug the electric one in and sure enough, it worked great. So we washed it and made sure that it cleaned up nicely and is ready for duty. We always did the Eagle Brand ice cream and that is our plans in the next week or so. Now it is what kind of ice cream, so many choices for Brain Freeze! Looks like it will be a day of smoking Kielbasa and burgers with ice cream making for the family get together. Yum!

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds good . .. Nothing like home made ice cream .. of course smoked Kielbasa sounds pretty darned good!

randywa

Sep 29, 2017
S.W. Mo.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After my wife developed an allergy to eggs we had to find a different ice cream recipe. The one we came up with nearly made me lick a hole in my bowl. We've tried it in the hand crank and electric and it worked great in both. Let me know if you want it.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
After my wife developed an allergy to eggs we had to find a different ice cream recipe. The one we came up with nearly made me lick a hole in my bowl. We've tried it in the hand crank and electric and it worked great in both. Let me know if you want it.
hey, only one way to find out is to try it. I do understand the licking the bowl, every drop is good stuff! LOL

randywa

Sep 29, 2017
S.W. Mo.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can mix it early and let it sit in the fridge to cool it takes a lot less time to freeze.

ice cream.png

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last time I had home made ice cream, we stripped some of the small florida peaches off the trees and made some. By the time it started getting solid I dipped a spoon in to test it. I told everybody to grab a spoon and none of the ice cream made i to a bowl...:laughing7:

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
A few weeks ago, in Guadalajara, Mexico, there was a major hail storm, hail as deep as 3 or 4 feet. Nearly buried cars. I remembered in the Fifties when we lived near Rogers, Arkansas, we had a hail storm and the hail was many inches deep all over the farm. We knew instantly why God sent the hail! We dug out the hand crank freezer, and the rennet junket and we made ice cream. Normally ice cream was a major activity, and we had to bring a large piece of ice from town and break it up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread