Homemade straight shaft

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Yes....I got my hands on some older aluminum adjustable canes and aluminum walkers, a handle grip for a bicycle and an old arm rest from a Garrett and put it together. I will show you a pic later. I'm off to my usual after work hunt.

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I buy a lot of hardware and parts for industrial equipment through a company who's website is www.mcmaster.com

They have bendable aluminum tubing very inexpensive. I am considering making my own rod for my old detector and hip mounting it.

When I get the time I will try it out and post the results.

kando

Nov 14, 2008
,U.S.A. almost in Canada
Detector(s) used
....Tesoro conquistador , minelab sovereign
Ground Hog said:
I buy a lot of hardware and parts for industrial equipment through a company who's website is www.mcmaster.com

They have bendable aluminum tubing very inexpensive. I am considering making my own rod for my old detector and hip mounting it.

When I get the time I will try it out and post the results.
Thanks a lot waiting to see i don't think i am going to see the one made from canes and walkers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread