OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey new to this site , this is new to me...ive been hunting the green in norwich..even just last evening..ive been pulling some oldies out of there..so far 1 dateless draped bust, dateless kg ...a few indians 1897 1888 1883 1902 1906 , and a dateless fatty in bad shape..also a few rosies(7) and 1902 barber dime and a kennedy half and 2 silver washs...all deep . Tons of clad just digging the deep signals..but clad seems deep there too..no one says nothing to me...using my new equinox 800 15 coil..but last night and the last 3 times i went i didnt find anything but clad..maybe i got the last good stuff...prob wont be going back anymore now i know its not allowed..was gonna swith to chelsea parade from now on..not now ..lololo never heard such a thing ...if you dont believe me just go there and if u look close enough u may be able to see a plg or 2.(last eve).but i usually dont leave a trace....
The clad you're digging on the green is quite probably lost by people who attend those concerts on the green during the summer. I'm sure that there's a really good chance that no one would complain about your MD'ing on the green because 99.99% of the population probably doesn't even know about the ban...but all it takes is one to complain and the cops will be there in a minute. I know of one person who told me straight up that he was detecting one of the cemeteries in town...the one near Hobart Avenue....not even in the cemetery but on the outside perimeter and someone called the cops. When they arrived they not only told him he can't detect but they confiscated his metal detector. I'd love to detect in Norwich again but I'm not willing to risk the possible hassle with law enforcement.

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting, that's my birthday December 25, 1948, I will be 71 this year.....Joe McDonough

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting, that's my birthday December 25, 1948, I will be 71 this year.....Joe McDonough

That's quite a coincidence. I'm 73, which means that we both remember Christmases like the one in the photo.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
All that's missing is Jimmy Stewart and a sign that says "Bedford Falls"

Yep and I pictured him running down the street yelling "Yaaaayyyyy...Merry Christmas...Merry Christmas Movie House...Merry Christmas Emporium...Merry Christmas you wonderful old Building & Loan...Heyyyyy, Merry Christmas Mr. Potter".

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
??????

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All this talk by younger generations about wanting to go back in time...!!?
This is OUR time! Make it what you want it to be.
Surround yourself with people of similar values...people that appreciate our country's values.
People that cherish the good.

To hell with the morals of the small percenters that get the loudspeaker broadcasted into each and every one of our lives through our phones and TVs.

We ARE the majority. Lead by example.
Not quite sure that I get your drift on this...…………..???

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry it's hot and I'm tired. Said some of what was on my mind that wasn't necessarily relevant to the discussion. Carry on.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread