Honor Amongst Hunters

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Just curious how many people out there are friendly to other hunters at the bank. The reason why I ask is because I notice some people take this hobby way too competitively. I recently ran into another hunter at the bank. He was directly behind me. When it was my turn I walked up to the teller and asked for a box of nickels. The man behind me immediately shouted that he needed nickels to. He also shouted that he wanted any halves as well. Mind you he was still in line and was not being helped by a teller. I guess he felt that it was a race. Well it made me angry that the teller actually had halves in her tray and gave them to him before I could even ask. The man then started riffling through the halves and made sure I could hear him doing so. However he did not find any silver. Once the teller got my box of nickels, the man tried to jump me and take them. Even though he did not pay and I had already given my cash. Hope that scum bag got skunked.

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that is wrong in many ways. I believe karma bites back. . Sorry but some people are ignorant. I've only run into a CRHer 3 Times all of which seemed secretive but nice.

OP
OP
usernameerror

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Yea most CRHers I've ran into are nice but secretive which I can understand. I took a long break a few months ago and when I got back into the game it seemed that now everyone is looking through rolls. I guess all the publicity that this hobby got from the Internet and shows about doomsday prepping has taken its toll. I'm running into more CRHers and a larger proportion are overly competitive and rude.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the worst I have heard of. Who fights over a box of nickels? Next time take your sock off put 2 rolls of nickels in the sock and beat him about the head and ears. HH

-Charles Bronson

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have met a few I like talking to them. I will take there boxes every time if I can. If the bank will sell them to me there mine.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that is wrong in many ways. I believe karma bites back. . Sorry but some people are ignorant. I've only run into a CRHer 3 Times all of which seemed secretive but nice.
Whos the best crh you ever met?

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I know buff pretty good. Hes a good guy!

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
I shouted about the nickels in case she had to go to the vault. Common courtesy. Always ask for halves first, or else they're mine... Bwahahahaha...!

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
^^^^ lol rushfan!

That is pretty whack though, I mean wait your turn buddy... I woulda clued the tellers in on the fact that they are helping you, and not him yet.

Ive only ever met one other CRH'r but twice at the same dump bank... he was pretty cool, We talked for a little bit as he was a half hunter as well... I know there are quite a few around, have ran into a couple banks that order for other people... and always ppl snatching up halves "just before i get there"... Ah I hate that guy(or girl?)! lol :)

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to chat with another CRH, I get the secretive nature, but I'm all about sharing info, maybe some of that sweet karma will come my way!

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If he approaches while you are with the teller just yell SECURITY or HELP I'M BEING ROBBED!!, am sure he will step back promptly.

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they're nice to me I'm nice to them. If they're not I just turn and walk the other way.

kd5txx

Nov 5, 2009
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
I never meet the other hunter. He was always there yesterday and bought everything they had. No matter where I am....

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only met the 2 guys I work with. Also talked to drcaufield a few tines via messages. Try to stay away from his dump banks and what not

DigitNY

Jan 1, 2013
Cortlandt NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab 305, Fisher CZ70 Pro, Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious how many people out there are friendly to other hunters at the bank. The reason why I ask is because I notice some people take this hobby way too competitively. I recently ran into another hunter at the bank. He was directly behind me. When it was my turn I walked up to the teller and asked for a box of nickels. The man behind me immediately shouted that he needed nickels to. He also shouted that he wanted any halves as well. Mind you he was still in line and was not being helped by a teller. I guess he felt that it was a race. Well it made me angry that the teller actually had halves in her tray and gave them to him before I could even ask. The man then started riffling through the halves and made sure I could hear him doing so. However he did not find any silver. Once the teller got my box of nickels, the man tried to jump me and take them. Even though he did not pay and I had already given my cash. Hope that scum bag got skunked.

Wow..?? Alls I can say is WOW..you have better patience than I, I would probably be getting bailed out this morning. I can't take that garbage...Find a different bank, get to know your tellers on a personal level if possible, in other words "kiss ass" . I am sure karma will come into play also !!

OP
OP
usernameerror

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow..?? Alls I can say is WOW..you have better patience than I, I would probably be getting bailed out this morning. I can't take that garbage...Find a different bank, get to know your tellers on a personal level if possible, in other words "kiss ass" . I am sure karma will come into play also !!

Oh yea I really wanted to deck him. It wasn't worth it for a box of nickels and $1.50 in halves. I forgot to mention that the guy rushed out of the bank once I left and made sure to wait for me to leave the parking lot. Guess he wanted to know which bank I was going to next. I kid you not this guy was ridiculous. Too bad for him I was going back to work.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've crossed paths with quite a few in my area. Most are cool. All of the people I've met are at least 10+ years older than I am.

There's one lady who is an absolute b*tch though. And the other people have all shared in my sentiment. We all try to avoid her. She makes snide remarks, thinks every bank is "her territory", and is just generally intolerable.

TheNotoriousA.G.

Apr 29, 2013
Detector(s) used
Hands & Ears
Primary Interest:
Other
Train your tellers better. All my banks tell me when other hunters have come in looking for stuff, and they never give away my boxes.

If someone did that to me, one of us would be leaving with the police.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread