Honor Amongst Hunters

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Just curious how many people out there are friendly to other hunters at the bank. The reason why I ask is because I notice some people take this hobby way too competitively. I recently ran into another hunter at the bank. He was directly behind me. When it was my turn I walked up to the teller and asked for a box of nickels. The man behind me immediately shouted that he needed nickels to. He also shouted that he wanted any halves as well. Mind you he was still in line and was not being helped by a teller. I guess he felt that it was a race. Well it made me angry that the teller actually had halves in her tray and gave them to him before I could even ask. The man then started riffling through the halves and made sure I could hear him doing so. However he did not find any silver. Once the teller got my box of nickels, the man tried to jump me and take them. Even though he did not pay and I had already given my cash. Hope that scum bag got skunked.

Upvote 0

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Train your tellers better. All my banks tell me when other hunters have come in looking for stuff, and they never give away my boxes.

I agree, I wouldn't leave that bank alone for him, but be nice and kind to your tellers, if this guy is that much of a spaz they may just save coins for you and tell him sorry we have nothing for you. One of my banks saves me silver and tells me when they have a CRH come through and they tell them sorry we have a guy that does it and we will never have coins since we save for him.

The overly aggressive lady would be easy to take all of her banks from her, and am sure the tellers already do not save things for her if they have any other option. If they banks wanted to be done with her just sell her ordered coins to another CRH for a bit or don't order at all or accept dumps, she will disappear quickly.

Last edited:

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive ran into 2 fellow hunters both where fun to talk to. 1 was an old timer who talked to me of the days of old with over 200 keepers a box.

This guy sounds like a dingle berry though. Once he said the halves thin u shoulda said "oh, thanks for reminding me, ill take all ur halves too".

Op did he physically try to take the box of nickels? Im a little confused.

$nack-Money

Jul 16, 2011
I'll show honor in the since that i will respect other hunters in my presence. I will, however, take any and all silver that i am able to. this includes buying boxes that were ordered for someone else. I do it all the time and will continue to do so. If i had it my way, I would take all the silver and leave everyone else with noting but beautiful clad. Just real talk from someone that rakes it in- love you guys--$nack

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the worst I have heard of. Who fights over a box of nickels? Next time take your sock off put 2 rolls of nickels in the sock and beat him about the head and ears. HH

-Charles Bronson

2 rolls??? Use a coke can or a lock.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only ran into one. I asked for halves at the bank he was behind me and asked me how many i wanted after i was done. I asked him how much he had he said about 800.00. I asked him if he hunted he said yes we compared with what we were getting as he said he hunted 30 miles away. (It was about the same Avg.)How ever I know that I have alot more comp than the little old lady I used too from 6 months ago.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I have not met any hunters in the area where I live, but people tell me all the time that someone else was in there looking for halves.

OP
OP
usernameerror

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Ran into another hunter today. This guy was dumping a very large amount of nickels and pennies from a couple of canvas sacks. Thing is that he did not rubber band the rolls in bunches. Because of this the teller had to count and rubber band each roll. The teller looked like he wanted to punch this man in the face. Here's a lesson people. This hobby relies on our relationship with tellers. If you are going to dump a very large amount in rolled coin, make it as easy as possible.

If you are the hunter I ran into and you are on this board, do yourself and everyone else in this hobby a favor and make it easy for the tellers. Whether you like it or not they have the keys to the car.

On other news someone is starting to dump rolled coins in every single bank in my area. He/she has a distinct "calling card". They put a thin tape on each end of the roll. Not complaining about It cause everyone has a right to dump. Just wish this hunter would use machines and temporarily remove the coins from available circulation in this area. Oh well I'll deal I guess.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, what a douche bag. I would have objected to him making a transaction, from behind you. The teller stopped waiting on you to sell douche bag halves? I'm having a problem with your tellers involvement in this situation as well. I've never seen anything like that happen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread